SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Still Comin' Out Strong
15,956 Posts
kampala road
]

I've noticed after going through photo threads for cities in Africa, and some I've seen in Asia, that the lane dividers are stripped. Uganda is like the 4th or 5th country in africa that I've seen this in....Hmmm, maybe I'm just overthinking simple things.

·
Registered
11,544 Posts
èđđeůx;68418569 said:
I've noticed after going through photo threads for cities in Africa, and some I've seen in Asia, that the lane dividers are stripped. Uganda is like the 4th or 5th country in africa that I've seen this in....Hmmm, maybe I'm just overthinking simple things.
I guess its just aesthetics, nothing else. Its common in East Africa for the curb to be painted black and white.

·
Serengeti
4,239 Posts
Good Roads...I think EAC are working out a East African Road Master plan

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
parliament ave

clement hill road

nile ave
Nile ave is my favourite road it has a view of oasis and garden city malls. it end on yusuf lule road(kitante road) and kingdom Kampala,the subway tunnel and crested towers on on this road.

yusuf lule road(kitante road)

·
Registered
11,544 Posts
Here are some pics I took in western Uganda.

The road to Kasese from Bushenyi.

Road to Fort Portal from Kasese.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Uganda gets $I50m from EU for roadsPublish Date: Sep 26, 2013
Uganda gets $I50m from EU for roads

mail
img

newvision

KAMPALA - The European Union has given Uganda €112m ($151m) in credit and grants to help pay for roads meant to help boost trade in east Africa, it said on Wednesday.

The EU has traditionally been a major source of financing for transport infrastructure for the prospective crude oil producer.

Uganda's national budget has been squeezed since major western donors including Britain, its biggest source of bilateral aid, suspended financial support toward the end of last year after allegations that $13m worth of aid had been embezzled. The EU however has continued its funding.

The latest funds will help to improve the Kampala Northern Bypass and construct the Mbarara Bypass, which would speed up the flow of cargo on a highway linking Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan to Kenya's Mombasa seaport.
http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/647659-uganda-gets-i50m-from-eu-for-roads.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts