Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,455 Posts
Bochum has good chances indeed. But then, it might be too clean and green for that title. Damn it, they even have a somewhat ok pedestrian zone and a nightlife district. Well, in terms of function, the look of it all is rather drab of course.

Further east I'd say Kaliningrad looks really terrible from the rare pictures I've seen of it.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Still need to visit Charleroi. I like the charm of uglyness. The ones in the openingspost make good contenders.

Tirana has a charming brightly coloured uglyness.

Chisinau, I felt, was bland, not ugly. Iasi for example is more fractured. But it has great commie suburbs, Chisinau.

Pristina is disappointing. No ugly charm no beauty charm. Just tons of poorly put marble for the international community to pay off their regrets.

Podgorica didn't stick at all in my memory. Which means it might have to be nr 1.

Rotterdam is too nice to be in the top 5. It has the charm of uglyness but also the charm of beauty.

I think the prize will go to Russia or Ukraine though. Dnepropetrovsk and Murmansk sound like good contenders. Never been there.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hmmm....

1. Chisinau
2. Pristina
3. Charleroi
4. Benidorm
5. Bradford
6. Bucharest
7. Milan
8. Tirana
9. Gelsenkirchen
10. Katowice

Almost all the Balkan capitals are horrible looking, due to terrible post war reconstruction. Zagreb and Ljubljana are still beautiful, but Tirana, Pristina, Skopje, Podgorica and Belgrade are all not very nice. Sarajevo could be beautiful if they took better care of the place.

·
Anti-EU
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm....

1. Chisinau
2. Pristina
3. Charleroi
4. Benidorm
5. Bradford
6. Bucharest
7. Milan
8. Tirana
9. Gelsenkirchen
10. Katowice

Almost all the Balkan capitals are horrible looking, due to terrible post war reconstruction. Zagreb and Ljubljana are still beautiful, but Tirana, Pristina, Skopje, Podgorica and Belgrade are all not very nice. Sarajevo could be beautiful if they took better care of the place.
Whats wrong with Benidorm and Belgrade?
I mean Benidorm is on sea and has beautiful hotels and Belgrade is on Danube and Sava and has best night life after NYC plus it has nice places like Kalemegdan...plus only 2 building have been left from Nato bombings so if you mean because of that,xd...

·
Registered
19 Posts
EUSERB : Rotterdam one of the ugliest??
c'm-on! have you been there? seen photo's?
Rotterdam is world-wide renowned for its innovating and modern architecture.
Industries lie mostly outside the city itself

sorry,dubble post

·
Banned
6,750 Posts
Most cities have some terrible ugly parts (including those in western Europe). Its pretty hard to make a choice about a city you never been to, so i wont be placing any list seen its not fair to judge something you havent seen with your own two eyes, and experienced. About that EUSERB user its nice to post something as no politics yet your implying just that what you are apparently so against in your first post.

·
Banned
6,750 Posts
EUSERB ,Rotterdam one of the ugliest??
c'm-on! have you been there? seen photo's?
Rotterdam is world-wide renowned for its innovating and modern architecture.
industries lie mostly outside the city itself.
The city center of Rotterdam is nice, but the other parts of it like Pendrecht,Oud Noorden,Bloemhof,Oud Westen are all awfull neighbourhoods.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.