SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like illumination effects, Big Screens on Buildings, ect. ect.

Piccadilly Circus publicity screens for example.

G

·
Birmingham doesnt really have any at the moment but there are pretty massive plans to turn Broad Street into a Times Square wannabe - BST (134m - 142m) has a 4 storey podium which is due to be smoothered with the things also Arena Central is located on the stretch - if its done right it can look great but if done badly ... ummm

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Bullring appears futuristic during the night... but I dont know about the other pics you posted.

The Corner House - Nottingham

G

·
Insignia said:
well yeah, I did.

This pic looks great! 21st Century characteristics, wouldn't you agree?
Most definately, Thats why the Cube is such a huge project for Birmingham. Its aim it to rival this as a futuristic piece of architecture that will be known worldwide.

Lets hope they achieve it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are there more? I’m particularly interested in Liverpool because from what I have seen Liverpool is the oldest big city in the UK as Old completely outweigh the newer stuff in Liverpool.

·
Registered
30,482 Posts
I think with maybe the exception of Birmingham, old outweighs new in every UK city; just most of the old buildings go un-noticed as just general shops and houses.

·
5,923 Posts
Selfridges is Fantastic, and the print works is pretty cool too. Nice :)

Glasgow has gone mad for lighting stuff up recently - here are 2 pretty good examples, will post more stuff tomorrow:

Aurora Building:

Cineworld - worlds tallest cinema:

G

·
The Boy David, how tall is the cinema in Glasgow? It looks kinda funky - you could get some right good electronic advertisement boards on the side of that where the Legend of Zorro poster is.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts