SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The government announced that all trains will be updated soon with ~3 major types of trains.

As a result, they have purchased trains from Skoda City Elephant (160 km/h) for intercity proposes and negotiating to produce these types of trains in Ukraine

For long distances between states (we call it 'Oblast') the goverment ordered 10 Hyundai Rotems (160 km/h) and also negotiating to produce these types of trains in Ukraine.

But that is not all, Ukraine also buys Polish train buses for short distances

This is not a high speed, but just to mention major upgrades.

And now Ukraine has its own high speed project, up to 220km/h.
The government has interest not only use, but to export also.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Please rename your thread, as 160 km/h is NOT considered 'High Speed Rail'.

As it's not highspeed, this thread should be integrated in the ordinary Ukraine railway thread.

Nevertheless, the pictures are nice and I'm glad that there is now some development of railways in Ukraine.
And while 160 km/h may not be considered high speed, it's still a big step forward and will enable comptetitive travel times on many routes.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Guys,

I understand your point, but in Ukraine we define them as high speed compare to old ones (>120 km/h.)
There is no economical reason for us to have 200+ km/h trains at this point.
You might call them High Speed, but they are not High Speed according to international standards. Please someone merge this with the regular thread, or rename it, or delete it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
There is no economical reason for us to have 200+ km/h trains at this point.
So there is no reason to pretend it is genuine high-speed and create separate thread for it. This topic was well-covered in regular railways thread, one should read it before creating the new one.

·
Registered
504 Posts
May be the guys are right that this thread should not be called High Speed rail, but as an Eastern European I fully understand the enthusiasm of SkyGurt. Obviously the rail system in Ukraine is improving. Thank you for nice pics.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
May be the guys are right that this thread should not be called High Speed rail, but as an Eastern European I fully understand the enthusiasm of SkyGurt. Obviously the rail system in Ukraine is improving. Thank you for nice pics.
Yes yes, no one is disputing that enthusiasm is great. It's about the naming of the thread, which is erroneous for this forum.

·
18,519 Posts
Whilst this does not meet international definitions of high speed railway, I don't mind keeping the thread here as a discussion about future high speed rail developments in the Ukraine if users would prefer that to be the case. If not, I shall merge the thread with the Ukranian Railways thread.

Also, please post new threads to the thread finder.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As it's not highspeed, this thread should be integrated in the ordinary Ukraine railway thread.

Nevertheless, the pictures are nice and I'm glad that there is now some development of railways in Ukraine.
And while 160 km/h may not be considered high speed, it's still a big step forward and will enable comptetitive travel times on many routes.

Sorry for confusion, no need to integrate anymore (should be a separate topic), because KVSZ is a high speed train (220 km/h) according to international standards.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Inside KVSZ train is also looks good and very comfortable.

Probably you know that in Eastern Europe we have 1,520 mm gauge compare to many Central and Western European countries where gauge is less - and this allows us to have more space in the train and mount one more seats row.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Currently there is no regular high speed service in Ukraine. The maximum maximum speed of scheduled train is 160 km\h.

And high-speed KVSZ train is sexy, reminds me of Sm3|Sm6 Pendolinos a bit.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Currently there is no regular high speed service in Ukraine. The maximum maximum speed of scheduled train is 160 km\h.

And high-speed KVSZ train is sexy, reminds me of Sm3|Sm6 Pendolinos a bit.
Thanks for your comment regarding KVSZ trains.
Yeap, they are not in service yet, just on testing stage, but the first train should be released into service by the end of this year.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Thanks for your comment regarding KVSZ trains.
Yeap, they are not in service yet, just on testing stage, but the first train should be released into service by the end of this year.
Yes, but it would be Vmax 160..180 service - not a high speed.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts