SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
South Straddie QLD
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys pics , info. Someone must know samoething about this ugly mofo tower

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
It is very dificult to snap a shot of the board, not if you're driving at least. There are no places to stop over there, due to working going on on a paralel road. By the other side of the highway, there's work going on too, so it will be dificult from there too.

All I can say is that "Canadian Consultants" is written on the board, the obly thing in English.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
^ It is far, far away from Media City, it is where use to be that huge billboard for JBR. It is nearer to the 4th interchange then Media City.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
There's no way you can go there. Is absolutely imposible to park your car for at least 1 km on both directions. The only possibility is while driving, but it will be dificult for the driver itself to take a clear picture of the board, ok for the passanger though.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
I PS Krazy's imagge and here it is:

I'm counting at least 45 floors.

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
PS, the acronyme of PhotoShop ;)

well, for me this is 1 tower and not a twin tower with 45 & 35 floors

we have to gather more info on it

look at the balconies, this definitely is a residential tower

i count 46 floors and add it like this as a visual count
name for it: "unnamed residential tower"

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
Denis they are indeed two separate towers. They are united by skybridges or basement in around 50% of the height, only.

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
ok, i checked it
it definitely is a single tower
there also is a description on emporis:

Emporis said:
Single vs. Multiple Building
In most cases there is no trouble deciding what constitutes a separate building. Only when they are linked in unusual ways is there a logical difficulty. The following rules have been adopted by the EDC to set a uniform standard:

Any two towers which are separated for at least 2/3 of each tower's height are considered separate buildings UNLESS the connection(s) form an unmistakable architectural unity, such as an arch-shaped building (examples: Genex Tower, Dusit Dubai, Umeda Sky Building). Skybridges are generally not sufficient to unify two separate towers.

Any structures which adjoin each other for more than 1/3 of any of their heights should be considered 1 building UNLESS:
they were built as separate structures and neither one can be considered an addition to the other; this means that the interiors are not integrated at any level, including the ground floor or basement; or
the structures are separated at ground level and connected for most of their heights but are normally considered separate buildings; or
an addition to a building forms a significant architectural disjunction.

An addition on top of an existing building is never counted as a separate building from the one underneath unless it overhangs the lower building from another base.

·
South Straddie QLD
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this is the ugly mofo I was talking about. yuk its horid and a big step back in architecture for the city. Neverthe less its tall and can someone translate the project signboard info? Krazy could you post the rest of the sign board.
Residential sound about right , although id say its probably a mixed use tower with commercial space.
Ill change the titel to 46F for now.and lets still call it a twirly wirly tower

·
South Straddie QLD
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
this is deffinatly 200m plus, do we know any consultsnts except canadian cos I cant find any contact details for them

1 - 20 of 147 Posts