SkyscraperCity banner

301 - 320 of 351 Posts

·
Carburetor (Busy) ▼
1,578 Posts
hassoun ur pics never appear
Here's the picture in Hassoun's post:

Courtesy of sietske

Hassoun's image is there, just wait for it till you get the "no image" icon, copy the image (icon) url, open in new tab then remove the prefix (1.1.1.2/bmi/). This applies to all his not-showing pictures..

·
Registered
349 Posts
^^ "In addition to its activities in the Beirut Central District, Stow has acquired one of the few remaining undeveloped sites on the maritime coast south of Beirut. This is an opportunity to recreate the historic tourist gateway to Southern Beirut with a residential and leisure development extending to 34,000 sq m including a marina"

·
Registered
377 Posts
And BTW, is it just me or is the lighting of the Marina Tower Changed in THIS picture

For Some Reason It's lighting Vertically As well.. might just be the picture.. what do you think..

·
Under the Beirut Sun
2,051 Posts
Visited for the first time a few weeks ago, just wanted to say I was not impressed at all, first off the security guy wouldn't let me bring in a camera but I managed to get him off me , I did 3 different people with DSLR's there and they were not haggled...I got in and its just planks of wood forming a boardwalk with nothing else with a few restaurants that no one can probably afford. Fun

·
Carburetor (Busy) ▼
1,578 Posts
^^ Hmm, that's strange Abdallah; I always thought that this place is the most "photographer friendly" place in the whole BCD!

The reason being that I visited it a couple of times, and had my DSLR with me in each, and, although I wasn't too "bold" at first (I wasn't going for a photoshoot in mind actually, but happened to have my camera when joining my friends in a cafe the first time), but seriously no one said anything and I ended up shooting freely, even though the lighting conditions weren't optimum for a photoshoot (unplanned).

I even akhadet wej la daraji enno I was planning to go there with a tripod and make a one-hour timelapse while the sun sets and the marina starts lighting. I should reconsider now after your post!

Anyway, I managed to grab some nice panoramas (in May), and here's one of them:

The other panos are from different angles and MUCH larger (like 20+ pictures), but they are still WIPs.

Good to know you're in Leb btw, I thought you're gonna miss this year due to the circumstances in Tripoly...

Wish you the best my friend, and thanks for the updates..

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had no problem whatsoever with my dSLR as well, on the contrary people were taking pictures everywhere.

Its too bad Abdallah you didn't have fun, where you expecting an amusement park with rides? malek l batata on the marina?

·
Under the Beirut Sun
2,051 Posts
^^ No thats not was I was expecting Habibi, I was expecting to see this place filled with people socializing and enjoying their time, not an empty place with a prefabricated "feeling" and un-friendly guards.

@Zippo, Wow! That is honestly the best photo I have seen from that area to date, the situation in Tripoli is always the same and people just have gotten use to it, I look forward to seeing your photos and I will be posting more :)

301 - 320 of 351 Posts