Project OverView

Construction Cost: 75 Million U.S. $

Built-up Area: 150,000 m²

Design Completion Date: 2005
Construction Completion Date: 2007

Engineering Services:
Design, Construction Supervision & Managerial Assistance​

Project Description:

Composed of four levels, this 51,144 m² development is differentiated in its components, to include a 6,000 m² department store, a 12 screen Cineplex, upscale and mid market fashion and apparel shops, food and beverage outlets, in addition to a possible ice skating rink. Along side this commercial zone, a 20-storey residential tower is planned in the development, incorporating one luxury apartment per floor. Allowing easy access from vehicular and pedestrian routes, the complex will accommodate parking facilities up to 1,800 spaces.

The total built-up area of the development reaches 150,000 m².

The concept design was done in association with Callison Architecture (USA).

·
Raje' Yet'amar LIBNAN!
132 Posts
do any of you know what this is?

Article Excerpt
PROJECT OVERVIEW:

A Kuwaiti/Lebanese joint venture was recently established in view of building a new commercial complex in Lebanon. The partners in the planned undertaking include Kuwait-based UNITED REALTY CO. (URC), an affiliate of KUWAIT PROJECTS CO. (KIPCO), and the local HORIZON DEVELOPMENT, a subsidiary of the HARIRI GROUP.

Construction plans under consideration call for building; - A 5-star, 300-bedroom, hotel on Beirut's elegant corniche that

will subsequently be managed by a top international hotel

chain; - An adjoining conference facility capable of handling more than

1,000 people; - A shopping center and apartment compound in the city's upscale...

NOTE: All illustrations and photos have been removed from this article.

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arzliban said:
do any of you know what this is?

Article Excerpt
PROJECT OVERVIEW:

A Kuwaiti/Lebanese joint venture was recently established in view of building a new commercial complex in Lebanon. The partners in the planned undertaking include Kuwait-based UNITED REALTY CO. (URC), an affiliate of KUWAIT PROJECTS CO. (KIPCO), and the local HORIZON DEVELOPMENT, a subsidiary of the HARIRI GROUP.

Construction plans under consideration call for building; - A 5-star, 300-bedroom, hotel on Beirut's elegant corniche that

will subsequently be managed by a top international hotel

chain; - An adjoining conference facility capable of handling more than

1,000 people; - A shopping center and apartment compound in the city's upscale...

NOTE: All illustrations and photos have been removed from this article.

Arz, what is the source of this information and when do you believe it was published? It sounds a lot like this project with execption of the hotel and it being on the corniche...

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ Oh I agree, it will just be nice to see those walls and over-grown vines come down and that space be open to the street... I hate the walls along some of the sidewalks...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I liek it. I think it looks really nice next to the Marina towers.

For a secodn I thought the Khatib and Alami was cool because my last name is Alame and my last naem has alot of ways to spell it liek Alame, Alama, Alami but I read it in Arabic and it is spelled differently. The Alame is the same as Ragheb Alame the singer

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
wowwwwwwwww I like the design but the sidewalls of the shoppingcenter are brownish... thats not very nice IMO

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^ Yea I thought the same thing but its not so bad.

In just about 5 years, Verdun will be one of the nicest streets in the country.

The cobble stone, Dunes Center, Verdun Twins, Concorde Center, Verdun 2, Verdun 5, Verdun 730 and 732.... etc. Just amazing!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I took the chance to ask my cousin, and you will all be glad to hear that it's still a hideous parking lot :( maybe soon ...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts