1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Brief State of Euphoria
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Project:Heritage Village
Client: Oriental Construction Co
Estimated Value $:$69 -103 m

KEO designed Abdullah Al-Ahmad Street Heritage Village in a total site area of 83,000 m2, in an historical location
of Kuwait City. The development proposed restoration of several existing Heritage Buildings and construction of new buildings taking into consideration old Kuwaiti architectural character, fabric, design, volumes, materials, colors
& details.

Main project elements included: Shops, Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Arts and Music Studios, Art Showrooms, Heritage Craft Workshops, Heritage Museum, Traditional Souks, Residences and Archeological Excavation Sites. The design also included a multi storey car park for 1,100 cars.

·
Brief State of Euphoria
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dubliner said:
Al Nasar said that they are in the process of completing the study and getting the permits for the Heritage Village. He also said that this project will be completed by The International Investor Company. The project will include hotels, restaurants, coffee shops, open areas, craftsmen areas, residential areas and shops.

He also said that the project will take two years to complete.

He said something about forming a street called Ahmed Al Ostath st. Does anyone know what's all that about ?
finaly the project back on track ;)

·
Brief State of Euphoria
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ikarus_q8 said:
is it still a proposal??? weird!!!
im sorry Ikarus_q8 , the project is approved :)

·
Brief State of Euphoria
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dubliner said:
This project can't be a proposal because the site of this project is fenced to this day :)
this project is not a proposal nor approved it is ON HOLD :runaway:

·
Brief State of Euphoria
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this one of the proposed designs , this design is made by Aljazera consults

·
Registered
52 Posts
Intersting and Ironic how they want to build "heritage village" and they demolish the old buildings that were standing? I heard that initially the plan was to replicate the roads and firjan of that area from some aerial shot they have but apparently that's not the case. Does anyone know whather that's true or not? Oh I just hope it looks authentic not disney-like, like many projects in the region :)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sanchero said:
Intersting and Ironic how they want to build "heritage village" and they demolish the old buildings that were standing? I heard that initially the plan was to replicate the roads and firjan of that area from some aerial shot they have but apparently that's not the case. Does anyone know whather that's true or not? Oh I just hope it looks authentic not disney-like, like many projects in the region :)
I'm not sure about that, but I'm sure that they will only renovate the old buildings which exist on the site of the project :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
The only old buildings that exist there are the diwaniyas, the other buildings have been demolished for some reason. I guess the contractor doesnt believe that the old buildings were part of the old city plan hehe and thus demolished it to make new buildings that look old and maximise retail space. We can only hope it doesnt look as hideous as Youm Albahhar or Medinat Jumeirah.

·
Registered
802 Posts
There are a lot of historical buildings (more than 70 yrs old) in that area thats why they decided to built it there. For example, Dicksons House and many historical mosques (Al-Khalifa Mosque), etc.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
CrazY said:
the dicksons house isn't the pyramids but it's part of kuwait's history and lifestyle and should be preserved :)
Yeah that's right. Dickson house has an amazing history behind it.

Here's an extract about it from britishembassy.gov.uk.

The most famous example was Colonel Harold Dickson who was British Political Agent in Kuwait from 1929-1936. After retiring as Political Agent Colonel Dickson and his wife Dame Violet popularly known as 'Umm Saud', chose to remain in Kuwait and make it their home. Colonel Dickson lived in what had been the British Political agency on Arabian Gulf Street until he died in 1959. Dame Violet remained in the house until the Iraqi invasion in 1991 when she was evacuated to Britain and later died before Kuwait's liberation. The house, an important part of Kuwait's history, has been superbly refurbished as the Dickson House Cultural Centre

Front view of Colonel Dickson's House, Kuwait Town, 1956

Col. and Mrs Dickson at home in Kuwait, 1956

·
Registered
967 Posts
skoulikimou make this project on-hold !!!!!!!!!!

·
crazy devil
600 Posts
u guys, i work in the company that is making this project, "International Investers co."
the project is not on hold, and the dewanias ur talkin about r very historic, the area itself is historic that's y they picked that project 4 that place, o eldewaniat ga3den eramemonhom it takes time
beleive me everything is going according 2 plan, the project is not on hold

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.