Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that Bendigo deserves a lot more attention than it gets in Victoria.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I think that Bendigo deserves a lot more attention than it gets in Victoria.
Totally agree. It gets overlooked, as Ballarat gets most of the attention in the Goldfields region. Ballarat being closer to Melbourne also helps it attract tourists in bigger numbers.

Wilson Prom also is overlooked, as it is naturally beautiful. Its distance from Melbourne and lack of accommodation or a large town/city nearby hurts it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Toowoomba, I think Toowoomba is overlooked, It suffers from being Close yet far enough from Brisbane to have a detrimental effect,Maybe if High Speed rail Link connected the too you would see Toowoomba Flourish.

·
Registered Noob.
700 Posts
Port Lincoln, about a 6-7 hour drive from Adelaide, nice little town at the end of the eyre peninsula. It would have been the SA capital if there were more fresh water around.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Agreed. Apollo Bay is great. Lorne is too, but I'm bias because my family would always holiday at Apollo Bay.

As for Melbourne, a vastly underrated suburb is FOOTSCRAY. It's one of the last frontiers of inner urban gentrification in Australia.

·
WARREN
8,204 Posts
Melb:
Albert Park/Birdport Avenue - quite a pleasant relatively upmarket strip located along the #1 tram leading down to the water with various eateries but no tourist or feral-visitors-from-Cranbourne crowd like St Kilda.

North Melb - already been mentioned but a bit out of the way so you forget about it's village shops and think more of a train station in a industrial wasteland and housing commission blocks when someone says the suburb.

Altona - Pier Street is quite a pleasant strip these days but the area is mostly thought of for the oil refineries and shit areas around it (such as Lavatory).

Top floor os Westfield Doncaster, there are some greta resturaunts!
What, The Groove Train with it's bland food and slow service, and the Greek place where the waitress claims to have met Tiger Woods?

·
dink!
2,126 Posts
Melb:
Albert Park/Birdport Avenue - quite a pleasant relatively upmarket strip located along the #1 tram leading down to the water with various eateries but no tourist or feral-visitors-from-Cranbourne crowd like St Kilda.

What, The Groove Train with it's bland food and slow service, and the Greek place where the waitress claims to have met Tiger Woods?
pfft "once met"? During a sexual congress, or once saw him from afar on a tv screen?

And I have to say Albert Park is quite lovely. And I would happily upgrade to there from St K.

I'm also partial to a bit of desert. Tibooburra is just amazing, as is Broken Hill and the road between the two.

Camerons Corner and the surrounding areas is beautiful too, especially parts of the Sturt National Park. aaah I'd happily spend weeks out there...

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Melb:

North Melb - already been mentioned but a bit out of the way so you forget about it's village shops and think more of a train station in a industrial wasteland and housing commission blocks when someone says the suburb.

Altona - Pier Street is quite a pleasant strip these days but the area is mostly thought of for the oil refineries and shit areas around it (such as Lavatory).

You haven't?

Yeah, it is actually pretty shit. xP

1 - 20 of 38 Posts