Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I posted this awhile back on here. It's definetly going to be a cool building once real rendering are released. Look for a thread by me regarding a freedom tower-type building or something.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
I wonder how they'll manage to build above it without interrupting the traffic flow? Meh, it's so ugly I feel horrible that something nice and modern will rise above such a decrepit building. But, maybe they'll reclad it? Let's hope so...

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I hate that building on Front...it got the absolute worse reno...I remember they just stuck a few gree-painted steel "awnings" on it, and cut out a few windows...and then brought is cheezy theme restos like Olive Garden or some similar shit. It got even worse right away, as all that shit strted to rust after one winter.

KGB

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If this site is just too important, then they should just move the proposal to across the street with a similar ugly building with a Jack Astors in it. I was walking on Front St. today and I noticed it. There's plenty of room too, there's like 2 parking lots right next to it.

BTW: Mr Man, how exactly do you know that this is a Freedom Tower like tower?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Freedom Tower was porbably a poor choice of words, but you have to remember I was pissing drunk when I posted. :cheers:

The elevation looks very strange. Definetly unique.

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
"If this site is just too important, then they should just move the proposal to across the street with a similar ugly building with a Jack Astors in it."

WHAAAA? That's a great building

"I hate that building on Front...it got the absolute worse reno...I remember they just stuck a few gree-painted steel "awnings" on it, and cut out a few windows."

LOL - so true

·
Registered
60 Posts
An estimate calculation with a calculator says that this tower would be somewhere around 557 ft. I hope that this tower starts rising in this decade, its where we need a tall tower in our skyline, between Simcoe Place and the main cluster.

·
2,714 Posts
If this site is just too important, then they should just move the proposal to across the street with a similar ugly building with a Jack Astors in it.

Umm. The whole point of this expansion is to extend the data centre space by nearly 37000 sq meters ("green industrial" usage). The office space on top is a bonus.

1 - 20 of 349 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.