Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Looking back at this, one could assume they're building it in the middle of the city. I kinda hate that as I pass by Trinty College in Dublin every day and notice the problems a University causes when located dead in the center of the city. I hope this is located either near the park area or on the city outskirts.

·
23,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking back at this, one could assume they're building it in the middle of the city. I kinda hate that as I pass by Trinty College in Dublin every day and notice the problems a University causes when located dead in the center of the city. I hope this is located either near the park area or on the city outskirts.
Pretty much why they abandoned the AUC campus in Downtown Cairo (and because they needed more space). I don't think they'd make the same mistake again, most of these private universities have opened in Cairo's satellite cities.

·
bishoui
1,781 Posts
I'm definitely one for a walkable campus with no more than 15 walk from end to end, having said that I kind of feel the buildings are narrowly spaced,, they're not far off but far enough to perceive it imo

It's so sad to see almost everything in NAC is walled off from the rest, like little islands with no real connectivity to surroundings !!

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I'm definitely one for a walkable campus with no more than 15 walk from end to end, having said that I kind of feel the buildings are narrowly spaced,, they're not far off but far enough to perceive it imo

It's so sad to see almost everything in NAC is walled off from the rest, like little islands with no real connectivity to surroundings !!
Yeah, pretty stupid. A lot of the buildings in many of the cheap residential districts are way too close.
Worse is the parking and use of land. As you said in another thread, the land they're building on is worthless desert, why not have bigger gardens/courtyards, parks etc?
I don't know who's to blame. The government district is perfect but all these private compounds and developments are horse shit so clearly it's the retarded developers making these decisions, or most of them anyway. New Garden City is the only district doing anything right, outside of the government stuff. I'll be pissed if they build a wall around the whole thing.

If you would have told me back in 2015 that New Alamein would turn out better then the NAC, I wouldn't have believed you. It would unironically make for a better capital city.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts