SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just discovered this forum. Sadly, I find there isn't enough talk about Regina. ;)

Anywas, just curious if anyone has heard of any future U of R plans, after the new Lab building is completed.

I understand that they have a list of plans that they would like to achieve such as a new hockey rink (although funding was voted down by the students this spring), addition to the library, addition to the Language Insititute, additions to Campion College, a parkade and a tower added onto the Education building. The university desperatly needs more room, as office and teaching space is growing thin.

This site provides future goals to the U of R, including expansion across the ring road and into eastern Wascana.

Page 23, 36 and 37 shows the library addition.

Page 32 shows the new lab building from the academic green perspective.

38 shows proposed expansion.

As well, I read in the paper about a new research facility going on campus?

Go Regina. :)

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
I don't think the U of R will be adding more expansions for a while after the Lab is finished. Currently they are losing money. Luther and Campion classes have been cut back quite a bit, because the University wants the classes back to make more money.

From what I was hearing before, they may not even finish the entire Lab building all at once. The outside will all be done, but the interior top floor might not be done right away. Within the past 3-4 years there has been over 100 Million in new buildings gone up... so I think expansion will have to rest for a bit.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Also, The UofR has grown at a ridiculous pace in the last few years. The campus size has doubled in less than a decade. I think they need to take a break

not too long ago, they were planning on building a brand new hockey arena, but the students voted it down because the didnt want to pay for it

The U of R definately has some of the nicest campus buildings in the country

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plus, that image can be found in the link I provided, so it really isn't anything I haven't seen before.

I think any renovations to the library will open the libray up to the academic green.

I hope they do something to utilize the podium level more. They need to put picnic tables and the like up there to get people using that level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts