Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Penn State Nittany Lions

College
4x Champion:
1911, 1912, 1982, 1986

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is the right stand the biggest capacity stand in USA?

I was trying to work out if the whole stadium was done the same way what capacity would be.:)

·
Unregistered User
2,586 Posts
Is the right stand the biggest capacity stand in USA?

I was trying to work out if the whole stadium was done the same way what capacity would be.:)
Well we dont usually keep track of stand capacity here so i dont know, but the capacity of the whole stadium is 107K

And the left and right sides are the same.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think James meant if the triple decked endzone went all the way around. But even with the capacity of that stand, it would be hard to calculate the entire thing since the sidelines are longer than the endzone is wide.

My guess is at least 150k. Goodness it'd be so crazy, and definitely add some symmetry.

·
Registered
34,653 Posts
Maybe not the most beautiful stadium in the world, but certainly impressive an impressive stadium. For a college team! Fantastic!

·
Unregistered User
2,586 Posts
I think James meant if the triple decked endzone went all the way around. But even with the capacity of that stand, it would be hard to calculate the entire thing since the sidelines are longer than the endzone is wide.

My guess is at least 150k. Goodness it'd be so crazy, and definitely add some symmetry.
well in that case, i dont know how big. I think the new endzone expansion was a little over 10,000 seats.

·
Unregistered User
2,586 Posts
How far is this from Philly? Boy, leaving the area must require another 30-45 mins on a packed day?
its about 3.5 hours away, in the center of the state. On big game days, it could take an extra hour and a half to get out. its pretty bad

·
A Beast A Problem
85 Posts
Pennsylvania -Beaver Stadium (107,282)

I love this stadium so i figured i would start a thread on, also not to mention its the third largest stadium in the world.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I used to know a member of cheerleading troup there. High capacity number but with the benches and size of the field being much smaller than european football or athletic stadium I think this stadion is no more than 55-60.000 by UEFA or NFL standards.

·
Unregistered User
2,586 Posts
I used to know a member of cheerleading troup there. High capacity number but with the benches and size of the field being much smaller than european football or athletic stadium I think this stadion is no more than 55-60.000 by UEFA or NFL standards.
i really doubt that, the seats there arent that small at all and almost go back 100 rows on the sidelines. The seat sizes are pretty generous, maybe bigger than any college stadium ive ever been to. this stadium is WAY bigger than 55-60k. More like 90k or more.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts