Votes: 1 20.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Thought I'd show off the city I'm (slowly) working on, just to see what people thought :)

I'm using SimCity 4 Deluxe with several add-ons, including NAM, some job doublers (including pollution), and some park tiles I made myself. No cheats, but I did give the frequently-used grass park tile a cheap maintenance cost, so I suppose that could be considered a cheat. Can I argue economies of scale with all that grass to cut? :p

Two cities are built so far, one that is largely agricultural and the other that is urban. I only really care about the urban one at the moment. I've tried to mix land uses and incorporate a lot of transit, along with creating industrial and commercial corridors to reduce traveling distances. The residential tax scheme is progressive. Industrial taxes favor high-tech.

The following pictures give an impression of the city and its transit system (mostly subway on the right half and elevated rail on the left). I've tried to depict some realism with rail and power right-of-ways and such. The at-grade passenger and cargo rails follow the industrial corridors.

I alternated light and medium residential in some areas so that the lower density buildings wouldn't be replaced by larger lots or structures, but it didn't always work out as I intended.

Buildings are set back from the coast to reduce the damage of storm surges (and sea level rise?) and provide lots of green space and beach areas.

Please let me know what you think!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts