SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been some time since the last update, so here's one. I've gathered all the mid/highrise projects that I know of, and which have a high likelyhood of getting realised.

Helsinki:

Keski-Pasila. Cino Zucchi's outline plan was the winning proposal. Tallest building will be 91m at most, and there is around 5 towers of more than 60m. Construction will start by 2008 as there was a loooong delay in the Vuosaari harbour:

Länsi-satama. Will not have true highrises. The tallest building in this outline is 16 floors tall, so I'm guessing around 50m. Currently, there is a shipyard in the area.

Espoo:

Leppävaara. Two towers, an office building and a residential building, of around 70m, both approved and the constructions should start this year. The office building is still waiting for tenants, and once the offices are leased, the construction will start immediately. The residential building is also in pre-marketing already.
The office building Panorama

The Residential building:

Keilaniemi: Fortum II, a 70m tall expansion to Fortum's existing offices in the area. The construction is planned to start by 2007.

Espoon keskus: Not much information is available of this project. It is planned to be a 20-storey office tower, so I'm guessing 80m. The area has presently one 14-storey office building.

Kivenlahti: One 18-storey residential building of 65-70m. The area has presently one 70m and one 66m residential towers.

Tapiola. 3 14-storey office midrises.

Vantaa:

Shopping center Jumbo. One slim tower of around 65m.

Sirius I and II. Two (apparently) 15-storey towers.

Airportcity West-end. A business park with a 14-storey building.

Aviapolis as a whole. 6 towers of 15- and 16-floors near the Hki-Vantaa airport.

There you go, thanks for watching! ;)

·
Resurrected User
706 Posts
Moolio said:
Keski-Pasila. Cino Zucchi's outline plan was the winning proposal.
Is this fact? I totally prefer Zucchi's plan. :)

Moolio said:
Keilaniemi: Fortum II, a 70m tall expansion to Fortum's existing offices in the area. The construction is planned to start by 2007.
Is this also sure? In Talo somebody said (if I remeber right) that it's not sure yet.

-----

When I saw this thread, I though you mean really metro, so I show two rival infastructure development plans about rail connection from Helsinki to Espoo (Helsinki suburb area ;)).

Ligh rail option:

Read more here (if you are able to understand Finnish..)

Subway option:

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I read somewhere that Zucchis outline won, but remember that it is just an outlinen. ;) The Fortum II is planned to be built in 2007, but it is up to Fortum if they want it or not.

Here's the passage I read:

"Kaupunkisuunnittelulautakunta päätti 29.4.2004, että maankäyttökaavion lähtökohdaksi tulisi ottaa Cino Zucchi Architettin ehdotus. "

In other words, the Urban Planning Dept is backing Zucchi's outline.

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jarmo said:
zucchi's plan rox! i like it very much. yea, it could contain taller buildings but this mini-panorama is very qute! :D

and jumbo tower is good-lookin!
Yah, there should be something taller, but at least there's many of them. These plans contain about 15 or so 60-90m tall buildings and some midrises. Not bad, but I would definitely like to see more height. Still, the keski-Pasila plan is not definite. There is still a chance that it gains more height during the planning.

·
mostly at Talo and SSP
595 Posts
Alas, not many interesting plans atm as far as high-rises are concerned. Infrastructure and other urban development projects can be found in abundance, though,

More Aviapolis plans for Vantaa's airport region

Jumbo Park (Olli, ya forgot this :))

- hotel, spa, cinema
- 57 meters tall
- I vaguely remember reading that construction should start this year

Here seen in a bad photoshopped image that contains the other midrises planned for around the nearby intersection

Ring Railroad

- extension of the existing Vantaa rapids railroad
- would connect airport to the city via railroad
- would go underground near airport
- construction would begin in 2007-2008

Bolded part of the railroad would be new

Early initiative plans for one newly-built area along the railroad

Airport railway station

K2 Vision

A five kilometer long bulevard that would strech across Aviapolis

Technopolis

500 meter long office building with 65,000 sqm. First three "parts" are already finished with more under way soon.

Only five stories tall, though.

Also in Vantaa

Kielotorni construction update (copyright: sdes)

- 50m

Eastern Helsinki

Cirrus together with Maamerkki (copyright sdes)

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I didn't, Toni. ;) I only wrote about the projects which are not U/C yet. Of course I could have included all the projects, but that would have taken hours. If you haven't noticed (check kaavoituskatsaus 2005), there are literally dozens of projects in planning stage only. So, I only compiled the most interesting ones. :)

·
mostly at Talo and SSP
595 Posts
Ah, okay. :) I think we should make this the new projects thread for low and high-rise projects in the capital city region, what do you say?

@ Geex
You hadn't seen that one before?

Easily my favourite project in the metropolitan area, sine it makes so many other projects possible ;)

Vuosaari harbour

- cost: 235 million euros
- will make other existing cargo harbours near the city center obsolete and suitable for redevelopment
- ready in 2008

Size of the harbour area is 150 hectares

Entering the harbour from the north

15 to 20 freight ships can be simultaneously in the harbour, depending on their size

View from Vuosaari suburb

Ring Road III that connects the harbour to rest of the infrastructure will be improved

At this point the railroad that serves the new harbour plunges into 13.5 km long tunnel

Intersection to Porvoo highway that goes all the way to St. Petersburg

·
User
719 Posts
Wow, so many projects. Zucchi`s plan looks cool, because buildings aren`t very boxy and there are different street "levels".

·
mostly at Talo and SSP
595 Posts
^
It should be noted that it's highly unlikely that this is how the buildings are going to end up looking like. :)

@ Moolio
Okay! It's gonna be a huge job, though. There are so many projects, hundreds of buildings, across the metro region, plus all the infrastrcture stuff (Espoo and Vantaa with their light rail and trams plans, etc).

Aviapolis skyline, seen from 10km away. Not very accurate.
(the original untouched picture: copyright sdes)

Minor correction:

These are, I believe, residentials, not office mid-rises. And by counting the floors, there seem to be more than 14 of them. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/Moolio/Still_592.jpg

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

Do you know when they start this one? I'm too lazy to send e-mails coz it takes a week or so bfore they answer (at least with Espoo). It's just 14-floors, but at least a big one, 64'000m2 or so.

edit: I sent an e-mail to this dude in the construction company. :) I guess I'm not lazy after all.

·
Registered
91 Posts
^
Great! I hope he replies soon.

What I can tell so far is that when the construction starts they will start with the lower buildings on the east side. The construction of the tallest one, the 14-story tower, can't start before the intersection Pakkalantie/Kehä III has been re-constructed. That will happend during the improvement of Kehä III (Vantaankoski-Lentoasemantie) which will most likely not be before 2008 :no:

·
mostly at Talo and SSP
595 Posts
^
Thx to both of you. Here's an aerial picture of the area in question

And here's Kehä III / Lentoasemantie

*menee hajoamaan rahoituksen tenttiin*
So, I'll be back with more updates (possibly) this evening.

·
always on
4,811 Posts
awesome ;) You guys have alot of great projects! But still, its so too bad they are not in one region, that skyline would so roxxx ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Great thread, Moolio :eek:kay:
Quite an impressive number of projects comming up in Helsinki! Too bad they are scattered arround the city instead of being in Keski-Parsila ALL of them.
How big is Aviapolis surposed to be? And is it allready strarted, or still in the planning stages?

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tournesol said:
Great thread, Moolio :eek:kay:
Quite an impressive number of projects comming up in Helsinki! Too bad they are scattered arround the city instead of being in Keski-Parsila ALL of them.
How big is Aviapolis surposed to be? And is it allready strarted, or still in the planning stages?
Thanks Tournesol. :)

Yah, they're a bit scattered, but then you have to remember that Hki metro is really a chunk of little towns. Even now most them have a landmark of somesort (e.g. Kivenlahti, Vuosaari, Itäkeskus, Tapiola etc. etc.). I like it this way; Keski-Pasila is gonna have a pretty nice skyline, but there are other places with tall buildings as well.

Airport city is as far as I know the biggest construction project in Finland ever, bigger than K-P. They are basically going to build a downtown for Vantaa (currently it lacks one, it's mostly suburbia). I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know that Aviapolis alone is about 500'000 sqrm, so I think we're talking seven-figure.

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
New renders for Panorama:

The building is in pre-constructional (is that a word?) marketing, so I guess they'll start building it sooner rather than later (thanks for the info Grendy!).

Edit: Here's one more pic that shows its dimensions better. The pic looks a bit fuzzy since I had to change its colours. The original one was so light that you could see the lines only barely.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts