Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm only visiting Toronto once every year can someone please give a status-report on how far above streetlevel the project is at the moment...

Thank you in advance...

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
The last I checked it wasn't that far above street level yet, just parts of the foundation. It could be 1 stories about street level now but thats just an estimate. This could truly start to rise in this spring and summer. I can't wait, the developer said the building will be an "art deco inspired, glass and steel tower". That would be nice, I haven't seen a condo tower in Toronto thats not pre-cast.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics....I look forward to this one

·
Registered
158 Posts
Skybeam, if you're going to post Ed007Toronto's pictures, the least you can do is give him credit.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What will the impact on the skyline be?

Does anyone have a picture, where the can mark where the towers will rise?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
^they will not have any impact on the skyline because they are all aready surronded by other mid-highrises. Plus they are far away from the lakeshore and well behide the tall buildings in the core

they will be in the middle of this picture by the way

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are to blame: Thank you very much

·
Registered
60 Posts
^Damn Stinson and his cheaping out technique at saving money when he's building. I hope that he can redeem himself by making the base of his Sapphire Tower out of real gold like he showed in his render:

This is how 1KW should of turned out to be. :)

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
Yeah, I was looking forward to a sapphire type blue on 1KW and what I got was this grey cheap out. Good going Stinson, if he makes Sapphire grey looking I'll personally tear down that building with only him in it.:rant:
It's not a gold base lol.:D It's Jerusalem Limestone, quite an expensive material, in other words hello Stinson cheap out. I bet it's gonna be made out of prefab concrete.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Actually, what I'm really worried about ROCP is the "white glass" they showed in the rendering. Is that even possible to have white glass that doesn't reflect green or blue? or will they just make the entire building all one colour, which IMO will ruin the building. I'm worried because SP!RE is also pictured to have all white glass.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Filip said:
Yeah, I was looking forward to a sapphire type blue on 1KW and what I got was this grey cheap out. Good going Stinson, if he makes Sapphire grey looking I'll personally tear down that building with only him in it.:rant:
It's not a gold base lol.:D It's Jerusalem Limestone, quite an expensive material, in other words hello Stinson cheap out. I bet it's gonna be made out of prefab concrete.
I don't know if Stinson could get away with cheaping out and putting the same greyish-green glass on his Sapphire building. It's name is "SAPPHIRE" btw.
WOW! "Jerusalem Limestone" that sounds expensive, but it'll just end up looking grey anyways. ESB is made of Limestone.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
Etheren said:
I don't know if Stinson could get away with cheaping out and putting the same greyish-green glass on his Sapphire building. It's name is "SAPPHIRE" btw.
WOW! "Jerusalem Limestone" that sounds expensive, but it'll just end up looking grey anyways. ESB is made of Limestone.
Knowing Stinson he'll cheap out at the last moment and rename Sapphire to something like Crystal so he can have a reason to make it cheap grey looking.:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Filip said:
Knowing Stinson he'll cheap out at the last moment and rename Sapphire to something like Crystal so he can have a reason to make it cheap grey looking.:D
That is very possible, "The Crystal of Toronto" :bash:
Instead of making a luxurious condo tower like Trump, he would of made a 1000 ft. regular greyish glass condo that you would see in vancouver. :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts