Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
South East Nine
39,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Mackay to design Nairobi hotel

Pictures can be found here: http://www.designweek.co.uk/Articles/134049/Mackay+to+design+Nairobi+hotel.html

Mackay & Partners has been appointed by Mara Property Management as architects and interior designers for a four star 150-bedroom hotel in Nairobi.

The consultancy has been tasked with creating a new iconic hotel, which will have a prominent skyline presence overlooking the Nairobi National Park to the south, and the city.

Rising above a landscaped podium, the hotel will house a business centre, conference centre, spa and car parking. The ground floor lobby and grounds will flow through to the landscape and the distant city views.

In addition, the hotel tower rooms have been located to the north to take advantage of the views. All rooms will have breezeways, balconies and solar shading.

Mackay & Partners have previously been involved in hotel projects such as St Martin’s Lane, Sanderson Hotels London, Claridges, South African and New Delhi, India.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
If it is not a concrete Building, then I'm all up for it.:)

Cheers!!!:banana:

·
South East Nine
39,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not sure when construction starts, or the external materials at this point!

·
I'm The King
6,724 Posts

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Wow it looks great. It looks a tad shorter than the initial render thoguh.

Great Find IgboWarrior. :cheers:

·
美国: Rep KE
3,602 Posts
Was it actually built in that current form(where?), I noticed their are many Boutique Hotels in Nairobi. I think we need a clearance on that.

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
Never seen it. Though I can't claim to have been to every part of Upperhill. There are many structures coming up and this may be one of them.

·
goes well with Clove Tea
114 Posts
but there's a new hotel which will commence construction in Sept this yr, on Arboretum Rd, State Hse area. Will post details as n when I get them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts