SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
can you provide us with a link or some information.

·
Still Comin' Out Strong
16,190 Posts
I like it. Not a fan of the pink but I love it overall. And that gate is very interesting. From the looks of it it appears as if there if it's password embedded, and maybe a camera or something else on it.

·
Registered
12,281 Posts
Looks more like a parking silo to me. 8 floors designated for parking (the pink section).

·
Still Comin' Out Strong
16,190 Posts
It's still interesting though 8 floors of above ground parking, and only 10 floors for actual residential/commercial space. Hmm, that seems a tad bit odd to me. It'd make sense if the top floors were for shopping/dinning and provided a nice overview of the area/city.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The project is yet to be posted onto the firms site but ill keep you guys posted on any develpoments. The three lower floors will be occupied by the hospice. The rest consist of seven floors of parking and 5 more floors of office space. These are basically in response to the parking shortage in the upper hill area, and the hospice wants to capitalize on it.

Euddeux.... i thought the pink looked great, it was my idea.... :-(

·
Registered
12,281 Posts
The project is yet to be posted onto the firms site but ill keep you guys posted on any develpoments. The three lower floors will be occupied by the hospice. The rest consist of seven floors of parking and 5 more floors of office space. These are basically in response to the parking shortage in the upper hill area, and the hospice wants to capitalize on it.

Well, its good to see more parking space in Upperhill. The only buildings that have focused on having parking silos around Upperhill are just a handful. Only NSSF, NHIF and Delta Centre and maybe the Coca Cola HQ (mostly underground).

Kenyan24...you chose well. What other colour would represent a hospice better? Besides, it will add more colour variety to the towers coming up in the area.

·
Still Comin' Out Strong
16,190 Posts

Ah I see now. And the pink isn't bad, at first I thought it was a tad bit different (nothing wrong with that):).

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Was the project approved??

@Kenyan24 were u one of the designers of the building?? If you were wish you guys added some more height to it..

·
Registered
790 Posts
There is already a building called Chaka Place in Hurlingham at the junction of Chaka Road and Argwings Kodhek

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Chaka place building is not a redesign of the Nairobi Hospice. Unfortunately I left the firm but the building was approved by the council. It was awaiting clearance by the Civil Aviation Authority. Not sure of its status as of now.

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
The Chaka place building is not a redesign of the Nairobi Hospice. Unfortunately I left the firm but the building was approved by the council. It was awaiting clearance by the Civil Aviation Authority. Not sure of its status as of now.
Oh thanks I will make a thread for Chaka place. Do you still work in the architecture field? Are designing any new building's?

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
I thought the Nairobi Hospice is under construction next to KNH, first building on Hospital Road?
I had no idea but thanks for the info now this building can be changed into U/C all we need is photo confirmation....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Its rising very fast.......it can be seen from the ngong road at the hospital road junction, from what i can tell the building has already gone past the 10th floor. ill take some pictures the next time im around the area.

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Any updates on this building??

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
ok,so the Nairobi hospice and chaka place is the same thing,anyway,it has already topped up and the KNH staff for the hospice are set to move in starting in November,i heard that on the news in the morning,but one thing which is alarming is the Hospital road,Huh,it is immensly dusty and in a pathetic state!those upperhill contractors!:eek:hno:...not cool at all..

·
Banned
134 Posts
if am not wrong.... the first building on Hospital road from 5th avenue will be called Fortis suites......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts