SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Acorn

Africa’s visionary project, Upperhill Square is located in Upper Hill, which is one of Africa’s most sought after commercial business districts. This iconic and hitherto unparalleled development will be Nairobi’s iconic landmark and is poised to be one of the tallest towers in Africa. It comprises of 66 floors standing at a height of approximately 290 metres. The project is set on a 2.3 acre property and comprises of approximately 16,000 square meters of retail space, a 200 key premier mid-scale business hotel (Akwa Premier), 356 residential apartments and approximately 16,000 square meters of commercial office space. At the apex of the tower will be a viewing deck of 1,500 square meters and a Private Members Club.

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Don't sleep on Upper Hill

·
Super Moderator
12,364 Posts
Fingers crossed, I know Acorn are serious guys.This bio should give us some hope.

Acorn is a highly respected Real Estate player having been involved in some of the most iconic projects in the region over the last decade which include Coca-Cola Regional Head Office, Deloitte Regional Head Office, Equity Centre, UAP Tower, Britam Tower, Nakawa Business Park, and Acorn House. Over the years, Acorn has handled projects valued in excess of US Dollars 2 billion
:cheers:

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Almost looks like "the One".Any details on this?Who is the developer and what are the chances this thing will get built?
Once the court cases are over with Britam. Acorn will enter full steam ahead.

I like how this tower will be a giant FU statement to Britam :lol:

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I reserve my comment for now.It is by Acorn Group I guess part of the Kshs 40b projects.Upper Hill starting to realise its potential hopefully soon

·
Banned
2,341 Posts
ohh.Just saw its Acorn.I guess there is a good chance!If they still dont have any legal Issues with Britam.I can see they are working hard to minuscule Britam!hope britam shows them who is boss by building something even taller!haha.The battle is not over!

This building jabavu and The ONe(if it ever gets built) would complement each other well!

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
i have hope it will be built. acorn is a promising developer.

·
My Name In Arabic is وليم
1,253 Posts
@ Adm Adama ....... You have killed it bro ..... find of the century !!! This building is the mother of all buildings !!!

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
It looks like its close to Kcb and britam.How far is jabavu from this buildings?
How did you know the location but that would be the ideal location in Upper Hill although with that height anywhere in Upper Hill would do.Jabavu project is next to Rahimtulla.It is a race for the biggest real estate project to kick off in Nairobi

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont think this project was listed in the suit by Britam, the projects were in Kajiado and Machakos counties.
I thought the fight was for the money?

The cases might be coming to a draw down anyway since this project was uploaded about 5 days ago.

·
Super Moderator
12,364 Posts
I thought the fight was for the money?

The cases might be coming to a draw down anyway since this project was uploaded about 5 days ago.
It was a fight for four projects worth 3.9 billion, I suspect that's why arboretum square, ololua etc never started construction.

This looks like a totally different project.

·
Banned
2,341 Posts
How did you know the location but that would be the ideal location in Upper Hill although with that height anywhere in Upper Hill would do.Jabavu project is next to Rahimtulla.It is a race for the biggest real estate project to kick off in Nairobi
My friend is a engineer,told me they were doing wind/tunel testing for a 62flr building in upperhill.He works with acorn and i mentioned it a few months ago in a different thread.d i guess this is what he was talkin about

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was a fight for four projects worth 3.9 billion, I suspect that's why arboretum square, ololua etc never started construction.

This looks like a totally different project.
I see.

So this project will sailing smoothly i hope. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
first, they they need (britam and acorn) to settle their court cases then I can have a slight hope, second, the first picture of the render just shows how acorn is bringing the fight to britam if you see how they have dwarfed seriously britam, could that be the reason why britam was trying hard to build it's building to 40 floors? who knows,third could the site be the one I mentioned at the junction of lower hill and haille selassie just saying.and what I know about acorn, they have bought land along lenana rd in kilimani and the mlolongo mall is call skyway mall next to the recently completed succasa buildings.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
on a second though t it cant be that site am thinking going by the renders. ..it seems to be next to its rival britam, anyway its becoming depressing and unenthusiastic that none big project hasn't started yet :bash:and britam is hell bent to derail acorn's progress...

1 - 20 of 117 Posts