SkyscraperCity banner

1921 - 1940 of 1976 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
617 QUEEN ANNE AVE N is looking great. Project link: 617 QUEEN ANNE AVE N

I remember there used to be a ton of birds living above the restaurants there. I hope more shops move in.

Snapped a far off one of 631 Queen Anne construction too.

·
Registered
675 Posts
It was time for it to go...but before the owners destroyed its architectural value this was an interesting structure.
It was more a quiet neglect than active destruction. The story I read a few years ago was that the connection points holding up the precast sunshades started to fail and a couple fell off the building onto the sidewalk below. There was an emergency demo/removal order to remove the remainder. Lack of maintenance led to a death trap led to the removal of the interesting architectural features, essentially.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
It was more a quiet neglect than active destruction. The story I read a few years ago was that the connection points holding up the precast sunshades started to fail and a couple fell off the building onto the sidewalk below. There was an emergency demo/removal order to remove the remainder. Lack of maintenance led to a death trap led to the removal of the interesting architectural features, essentially.
Ah, ok...yeah, that is a tad different than the active destruction of architectural details that some property owners have engaged in.... Thanks for clarifying!

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
For others that have no strong memory of the building with the sun shades, here's google street view from 2011. Certainly interesting. Though I can certainly see how hanging slabs of concrete in the air by steel brackets wasn't the best idea.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Queen Anne Update 03/03:

-Plymouth Mercer

Cladding is nearly done, targeting an opening this year

-NIWA Apartments

Has its land-use and construction permits. Should be ready to go!

-3rd & Denny

The city is doing a pretty extensive rework of this intersection to improve bus flow. Hopefully they will make that park a little more inviting as well

-Broad Street Skatepark

More bowl work is visible

-5th & Harrison

No proposals yet, but hopefully this building is next on the chopping block

1921 - 1940 of 1976 Posts