SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Only that if the present govt had done a proper design for gandhipuram flyover, the entire perspective of this govt and flyovers in cbe would have changed. They blundered there and now the opposition n few other parties are pushing this as an instrument of corruption and no utility at all.
I wish the appicers in SH, had planned and executed a better job in Gandipuram. Even trichy road flyover is just a elevated highway - could there have been some ramps at ramanathapuram / sungam junctions. But manageable considering huge traffic flow towards singanallur unlike gandhipuram where the entire design/plan was unscientific

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Very true
As a trade off, sungam is getting roundana.

Also current government had instantly approved almost all the projects which our NGOs and industries had asked for.

I still remember in 2010’s we were struggling just for shifting one train to coimbatore central from Podanur. With all those officials from Kerala stopping coimbatore growth a decade ago, no parties got balls then to talk against them and in favour of coimbatore. Atleast now things are completely changed.

Both JJ and KK just promised and not did much for coimbatore and I feel that this government did a good job for kongu in very recent years, but to admit that their planning was bad. Still better than the old rulers, who were just good in talks and nothing in practical.

·
Registered
107 Posts
While few people are calling TN gvt as Chennai centric gvt.. The fact is CBE is getting proper elevated Expressway for 10KM which Chennai doesn't even have in construction or even tender stage. And number of flyover u/c in CBE is almost same as that of Chennai. But yet those who all call it as Chennai centric gvt also call these flyovers as useless. Atleast CBE airport LA is in advanced stage by CHENNAI greenfield Airport or parallel runway and midfield terminal plans are in shambles. Chennai having metro advantage.. CBE waiting for it. Metro can go underground is explained upteem number of times, but just few don't want to accept it and want to tag everything done for CBE is useless. All these just show prejudice. I am happy that majority of the CBE forumers and people don't think that way what very few keep writing here.

Chennai Maduravoyal to Port expressway is going to be build as double decker flyover and its total length will be 20.4 km(very longer than Coimbatore)
1)Chennai has Kathipara flyover (Asia’s Largest cloverleaf flyover ) as build by current opposition Party

2)Chennai has similar clover leaf flyover in Maduravoyal

3)Padi roundana Flyover
4)Tambaram Roundana Flyover
5)Chromepet Roundana Flyover and many more famous larger flyovers like these.

And, Coimbatore U/c Flyover is not equal to that of Chennai.

·
21,239 Posts
Dot... Dot... Port expressway even DPR not completed.. tender, construction all still years away. I talked about an expressway that was laid for foundation stone. First Madurai had that 7KM long and now Coimbatore will have longest one going construction or foundation stone laid. Hope someone can understand the difference!!!

·
Native
34 Posts
  1. Anna Flyover
  2. MIT Flyover
  3. Alwarpet Flyover
  4. IIT Madras Flyover
  5. Doveton Flyover
  6. Perambur Flyover
  7. Madhuravoyal grade separator
  8. Padi grade separator
  9. Koyambedu grade separator
  10. Kathipara grade separator
  11. Tambaram flyover
  12. Peters Road flyover
  13. Conran Smith Road flyover
  14. Dr. Radhakrishnan Road flyover
  15. Music Academy flyover
  16. Panagal Park flyover
  17. TTK Road flyover
  18. Mahalingapuram flyover
  19. Pantheon Road flyover
  20. Thirumangalam flyover
  21. Moolakkadai flyover
  22. Vandalur flyover
  23. Airport flyover
  24. Pallavaram Flyover
  25. Pallavaram Railway Station Flyover
  26. Pallavaram New Unidirectional Flyover
  27. Vyasarpadi flyover
  28. Mint flyover
  29. G N Chetty Road flyover
  30. Velachery Taramani Road - Kamakshi Hospital Junction flyover
  31. Medavakkam Junction flyover
  32. Keelkattalai flyover
  33. Tambaram Sanitorium (Bharatha Matha Street) flyover
  34. Kilkattalai - Pallavaram Radial Road Junction flyover
  35. Velachery Junction flyover
  36. Vadapalani Junction flyover
  37. Porur flyover
  38. Anna Arch flyover - Arumbakkam
  39. Anna Arch flyover Aminjikarai
  40. Koyambedu CMBT flyover
All are of recent years, other than Anna Flyover.

Between 2005 and 2014, the state government has spent over ₹15,590 million erecting flyovers and grade separators, of which ₹11,440 million (88%) was invested in Chennai. The city hosts all 21 elevated urban corridors open to traffic in the state in 2014. ( i don't have information on 2014 to 2020).

Now the new flyovers planned are Kattupakkam, Akkarai, Ambattur, Avadi, Madhavaram, Ramapuram, Kundrathur, Kaiveli, Selaiyur, Korattur, Vadapalani-P.T. Rajan Salai junction, Madhya Kailash and Madipakkam.

https://static.toiimg.com/photo/imgsize-189672,msid-74185535/74185535.jpg

If Chennai region itself taking 80% to 90% of infra development work with regard to traffic mgmt, i think, the correct name should be Chennai Govt.

But still , To not hurt feelings of even minority number of forum members here, i have no issue using the name "Tamilnadu govt" itself though..

Just to compare, Avadi / Ambattur is several kilometers away from Chennai. It is having better infra than Saravanampatti, which is exactly at 10kms from Coimbatore railway station/Bus Stand.

Note: - All information is from open source like Wiki.

·
cbe admirer
1,016 Posts
  1. Anna Flyover
  2. MIT Flyover
  3. Alwarpet Flyover
  4. IIT Madras Flyover
  5. Doveton Flyover
  6. Perambur Flyover
  8. Padi grade separator
  11. Tambaram flyover
  12. Peters Road flyover
  16. Panagal Park flyover
  17. TTK Road flyover
  21. Moolakkadai flyover
  22. Vandalur flyover
  23. Airport flyover
  24. Pallavaram Flyover
  27. Vyasarpadi flyover
  28. Mint flyover
  32. Keelkattalai flyover
  37. Porur flyover

Between 2005 and 2014, the state government has spent over ₹15,590 million erecting flyovers and grade separators, of which ₹11,440 million (88%) was invested in Chennai. The city hosts all 21 elevated urban corridors open to traffic in the state in 2014. ( i don't have information on 2014 to 2020).

Now the new flyovers planned are Kattupakkam, Akkarai, Ambattur, Avadi, Madhavaram, Ramapuram, Kundrathur, Kaiveli, Selaiyur, Korattur, Vadapalani-P.T. Rajan Salai junction, Madhya Kailash and Madipakkam.

If Chennai region itself taking 80% to 90% of infra development work with regard to traffic mgmt, i think, the correct name should be Chennai Govt.

But still , To not hurt feelings of even minority number of forum members here, i have no issue using the name "Tamilnadu govt" itself though..

Just to compare, Avadi / Ambattur is several kilometers away from Chennai. It is having better infra than Saravanampatti, which is exactly at 10kms from Coimbatore railway station/Bus Stand.

Well if you compare chennai with other indian metro cities it will have good numbers as others have or even may be better,there is nothing to boast off.but we have to keep in mind that tier 2 cities or next major city other than their state capitals are being simultaneously de eloped by the respective govt.example nagpur,pune, etc to name a few,,but whereas it's not the case of tamilnadu where its tier 2 cities starve for development which leads to lopsided development since all the development are chennai centric only.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Don’t you understand what I am saying
I’m not saying “Chennai as best or Gethu”
Our Coimbatore also want Flyovers like that
And one thing I’m not from Chennai
I’m also from Coimbatore
  1. Anna Flyover
  2. MIT Flyover
  3. Alwarpet Flyover
  4. IIT Madras Flyover
  5. Doveton Flyover
  6. Perambur Flyover
  8. Padi grade separator
  11. Tambaram flyover
  12. Peters Road flyover
  16. Panagal Park flyover
  17. TTK Road flyover
  21. Moolakkadai flyover
  22. Vandalur flyover
  23. Airport flyover
  24. Pallavaram Flyover
  27. Vyasarpadi flyover
  28. Mint flyover
  32. Keelkattalai flyover
  37. Porur flyover

https://static.toiimg.com/photo/imgsize-189672,msid-74185535/74185535.jpg

Even if you give this much data, still there are people who defend and quoting that CBE is treated equally like Chennai.

There is a Tamil proverb "Kai punnukku kannadiya". TN needs better Tier -2 cities to avoid over congestion of Chennai.

CBE , MDU , TRY , Tuticorin & SLM must be developed and more infrastructures like airport, Metro, BRTS and sports stadiums should be sponsored.

·
21,239 Posts
First of all the demand from FEW CBE forumers, CBE has to have (infra spending amount) on par with Chennai itself flawed. Chennai UA is 4.5 times bigger than CBE UA. So if there are 4 to 5 flyovers or ROB got built in Chennai UA, 1 might get built in CBE even by "population standard".. for revenue/GDP general both are same.. infact Chennai UA contributes more than CBE. So this 4/5:1 ratio is highly justified both by population and revenue contribution. So the point was CBE is getting its due share for its size and also treated equally like Chennai or other parts of state for its size and population. And since some one listed data of ROBs (Tambaram, Chrompet, Perambur, Padi) I am also including it by a forumer posted in CBE threads before...(thanks to Balaji sivam).

Existing Road/ROB/Flyover
1.Avinashi Road flyover at uppilipalayam
2.Vadakovai
3.Sungam bybass
4.Ondipudur
5.Irugur 1
6.Irugur 2
7.Singanallur-vellalore road
8.Peelamedu
9.Rathinapuri
10.Eachanari SIDCO
11.Gandhipuram Tier1
12.Ganapathy Textool
13.Podanur ROB,
14.Najundapuram ROB,
15.Sivananda Colony RUB,
16.L&T bypass three bridges (Irugur, Podanur-Chettipalayam road, Neelambur grade separator).
17. Sundarapuram-Madukkarai market ROB
18. Neelambur grade separator
19. Gandhipuram Tier 2
20. Eachanari
Underconstruction
21. Sungam to Ramanathapuram elevated flyover
22. Ukkadam
23. Avarampalayam
24. Singanallur-SIHS colony
25. Avinashi road 10KM long flyover
26. G.N Mills
27. Kavudampalayam
Approved and near to Tendering stage
28. Grade separator at Lawley road Jn
29. Madukkarai ROB(marappalam)
30. Periyanaiken Palayam

I know the list posted for Chennai might not full like that it might not be full for CBE as well. Here few creating a narrative as if nothing exists in CBE and everything exists only in Chennai. And also per them whatever done for CBE is useless!! There is a proverb in Tamil, for few always see neighbor is always doing great and they will never see what is happening inside their own place. Here I listed only the flyover and ROB didn't even step into other work.

And one member written factually incorrect statement that 80 to 90% of infrastructure money is spent only in Chennai. TN gvt's 2020-21 highway budget is 14,200 crores.. in the TN gvt plan is to spend 1850 crores for Chennai road+flyover infrastructure (this includes all flyovers, ORR, PRR etc.,). This is 13% of total highway and port expenditure and not 90%. Now someone who say Chennai Peripheral ring road itself cost 12,000 crores.. so this 1850 crores will be fake.. Note!!! 12,000 crores is not one year projects it will role on to 15years.. spending might be hardly 500-1000crores per year. Like that only every project roles on. Sameway, Avinashi flyover 1600 crores might role onto 3years. Maybe few thinks here CBE should also similar level of spending for 4.5 times smaller in size or may be want the amount to be spent on rest of TN say North, Central, South and Rest of West TN also to CBE only. So instead of Tamil nadu centric they want TN to be CBE centric gvt??!!! Looks someone would like to register their whatsapp/social media like point of 80-90%, if they don't want to rely on that proof these information are available in budget papers for years to verify. Every suburbans have their own issue.. while people living in Avadi or Medavakkam or Ambattur only will know what issue they are facing and someone sitting in Saravanapatti might think Avadi is Irving, Medavakkam is Kings cross!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's cross-section looks very similar to the long flyover under construction at Madurai. may be same kind of segmental bridges.
Very true.. It is very similar to Thallakulam to chettikulam elevated flyover under construction in Madurai.. Both flyover designs also same..Both are segmental type.. But entry and exit ramp is different in madurai..

PC to respective owners.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts