Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
10th February 2008
61,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*2nd CGI from the bottom*. Can anyone spot the amazing glaring marketing mistake? :lol:

Launches.

Date & Time
Wednesday 4th July
5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
RSVP Required

King Street Townhouse
10 Booth Street, Manchester,
M2 4AW

Welcome to Uptown, premium riverside apartments situated on the banks of Manchester’s River Irwell. Uptown delivers the convenience of city living from a stylish waterfront location. The development comprises of 156 one and two bedroom apartments, with opulent interiors and large communal and private rooftop terraces.

Uptown’s suave, geometric architectural design marries together both contemporary and industrial styles. The development comprises of three buildings that rise to different heights creating a high impact, staggered impression on the landscape. Ascending communal and private rooftop terraces mirror the form of a green river bank gradually sloping away from Manchester’s River Irwell.

https://alliance-investments.com/men/#info

http://uptownmanchester.com

https://mobile.twitter.com/allianceinv?lang=en

·
Consumed
7,450 Posts
I just couldn't have a kitchen that small. I see that in a lot of modern apartments. I need loads of work surfaces with pots and pans a food everywhere!

Reactions: 086756

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I just couldn't have a kitchen that small. I see that in a lot of modern apartments. I need loads of work surfaces with pots and pans a food everywhere!

I don't even regard that as a kitchen, it's just about big enough to serve coffee and a few nibbles, or are they expecting the occupants to eat out every mealtime - including breakfast?

That might generate business for food outlets & restaurants but it's not financially good in the long term and not good healthwise

·
Registered
659 Posts
I looked at an apartment in The Edge, with a few units at the back of the lounge which I commented on at the viewing. The estate agent said (and I didn't stifle my laughter) "it's a lifestyle kitchen, we wouldn't expect the owner of an apartment like this to do a lot of cooking"!

Needless to say I didn't buy.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Agree with you @AnIco. This whole development (including the houses) just seems like a lost opportunity, dated, at odds with the development going on everywhere else around the city and the icing on the cake is how it continues the poor street level interaction along large sections of the IRR, particularly the salford sections of IRR, it’s a dual carriageway FFS, not the Grand Canyon!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I viewed an Urban Splash apartment at CHIPS a million and a quarter years ago. It made no ******* sense. There was a corridor at one end of the flat that led to the bedroom, which was sort of in the middle of the flat rather than at the end (because of this bizarre corridor location). There was a weeny teeny tiny kitchen and diagonally opposite (!!) was the living area, which could barely fit a medium sofa at one end and a TV at the other, and there would only be a metre gap between them. The apartment itself was rectangular, but it was laid out so stupidly it would have been awful to live in.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Bit 'meh' these, the massings right, nice steady step up in heights, colour ties in with the hoUSe neighbourhood but they look unrefined.

Oh and I think I've noticed another marketing mistake, they've put a welcome to Manchester Billboard on the wrong side of the bloody Irwell!

1 - 20 of 200 Posts