SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every city has it...let's see your worst...try and find the most dilapidated yet still standing houses/buildings in
your city...these are a small example of Buffalo's (not the worst mind you...I've yet to find that :runaway: ).

May Street

Bissel Ave

Genesee Street near Rawlins Avenue

May Street

May Street

Box Street
(notice the local block club meeting in session) :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ECoastTransplant said:
And you didn't get shot taking that picture???
My vehicle has tinted windows...you're right though, those dude's wouldn't have taken it well knowing ****** was taking their picture.

·
Frustrated Male Model
471 Posts
I'm terrified that someone will post a picture of my house.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Baltimore has some bad stuff too, but the true blight is in such isolated pockets, that I have no reason to venture into those neighborhoods. I cant promise that I'll get some shots of them either.

·
Registered
249 Posts
What hurts is that these burnt out shells could be beautiful again with a little work.

North Philly ye want, North Philly ye shall receive.

Southwest Philly

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
If you did a study you would find that most of these buildings have an owner who lives in the suburbs. I think that letting a building get to this state should be a crime. The problem in the cities is that you have the most uneducated people who have no sense of self responsibility living in buildings owned by people who do not take responsibility. So you have two sets of morons creating the problems of the inner city. The ones who have the power however don't have to live with the consequenses of their actions. They have the comfort of their giant lily white back yards in which to look down their noses at the horrible crime ridden city.

·
Banned
200 Posts
steel said:
If you did a study you would find that most of these buildings have an owner who lives in the suburbs. I think that letting a building get to this state should be a crime. The problem in the cities is that you have the most uneducated people who have no sense of self responsibility living in buildings owned by people who do not take responsibility. So you have two sets of morons creating the problems of the inner city. The ones who have the power however don't have to live with the consequenses of their actions. They have the comfort of their giant lily white back yards in which to look down their noses at the horrible crime ridden city.
Excellent post, steel. Captured the situation perfectly. We can only hope that 1. the busted real estate bubble and 2. increasing gasoline prices will even things out in the coming years.

·
Old Fart
833 Posts
Maybe not as bad as those shown, but here's some pics of various cities in the NE.

Trenton, NJ

New Britain, CN

Meriden, CN

Waterbury, CN

Baltimore, MD

McKeesport, PA

Holyoke, MA

Worcester, MA

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
That is rediculous. People who abandon their houses to go live in the suburbs shouldnt even be allowed back in the city. I totally agree steel.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
*Sweetkisses* said:
That is rediculous. People who abandon their houses to go live in the suburbs shouldnt even be allowed back in the city. I totally agree steel.
It is even worse that what you say. Rich suburbanites don't abandon 'their" houses. They buy inner city property as an investmnent (often not knowing what they are getting into). They then proceed to suck any remaining life and money out of the building untill it is beyond salvage. These same people will point out how clean and safe their own community is and suggest that the inner city follow the high moral standards they have set in order to solve the problems of the slums.

Often upstanding citizens who own or rent their home and maintain their property become the victims of these suburban leaches and their cohort gang banger moron friends. They end up with one of these crack house abandoned buildings next door to them and have no alternitive but to move. They sell to the suburban investor and bingo the house is a wreck in 5 years.

I have often wondered why the big cities do not just get together and start funding public housing projects outside their borders. That way they can chase the suburbanites back into the city.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts