SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
New restaurant in the old Carrino Provisions/Bell+ Grey Space (next to Talde) - City 8 Korean BBQ.

Also, the space next to Burger Eatery is undergoing renovation - I believe I read somewhere that Burger Eatery wanted to expand into here.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Finally, signs for Frankie Eatery in Charles&Co

Ample Hills Ice Cream - coming to the base of Urby (Greene St side)

Mana Restaurant (corner of 7th and Monmouth)

Gringos Taqueria (12 Coles St)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Looks like there's a second Gregory's Coffee location that opened up in Jersey City - this one in the Newport Office building (same building as b.good, Chipotle, Just Salad)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Several new retail options in various stages of completion:

Gringos - moving along faster than I thought

FM (in former Union Republic space) - looks open

Pret a Manger - opening in Newport Mall

Cava (fast casual Mediterranean) - in 30 Montgomery

Tidal Poke Co - intersection of Grove and Morgan

This sign for Hard Grove Cafe was on the door of the former Porto space - confusing? Last I heard they were opening at 328 Montgomery. Now their Facebook says they are opening in this space...

Something is still going on at the 328 Montgomery location (construction is moving along) - anyone know what's going there now?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Some new restaurants from different areas.

Bergen-Lafayette:

The Factory

Hooked Seafood Shack - corner of Garfield and Communipaw

The OAK on Pine (new restaurant from Sam AM owner) - 196 Pine St

McGinley Square:

El Cocotero - recently opened Venezuelan food

328 Montgomery St - still looks like something is coming into this place - the former new location of Hard Grove

How many years has it been since they've been trying to open a new bar? They are quite persistent. Aside from the Newark Ave location, the First Street location is probably their best bet - 328 Montgomery is quite out of the way, suited for a local bar maybe.

·
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I had a French Dip Burger the other night at Zinburger. The Service sucked , I almost walked out after being ignored for 20mins , and after getting a waiter it wasn't much better. The Burger was warm when it came out , it was pretty good. But abit pricey with the drink , it was 21$.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Good to see you back posting about your food adventures, for a while I was just posting to myself in here.

I agree, the Zinburger service was a bit slow - maybe still working out the kinks. The food does taste good though, good addition to the mall.

Some other new/old spots

Burger Eatery became Vintage Burger. Doesn't look like much has changed. Read somewhere it was a disagreement between the owners and I guess they split

Raval is becoming Pasta E Vino. Wonder if the lounge underneath it (Red) remains

And a shot of Gringos from the outside

One more, from a week ago - Menya Sandaime, opening in Newport (facing Washington Blvd)

Additionally, Hudson Hall has been open for about a week now - looks quite nice inside. Hope it does well. I'll have to stop by for some food soon

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Flatbread Grill in Journal Square, coming soon

Rockin Mex? (replacing Legal Beans Cafe/BBQ)

Think this sign at Ani Ramen is new, but probably isn't (place has been open a while)

East Village Asian Bistro & Sushi on Jersey Ave (replaced some other restaurant)

Taphaus Paulus Hook (replaced Tilted Kilt)

John's Kitchen Cafe on Columbus sporting a different (or additional?) name - Fresh Hub Juice Bar & Cafe

Dolya Blini Cafe on Newark Ave

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Some new Bergen-Lafayette restaurants

Pinwheel Garden

Harry's Daughter

Oak on Pine

Another upcoming restaurant across the street from Oak on Pine

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Crave Cafe, near the Beacon

Indio's Place is having interior demo - not sure whether it's being renovated or replaced

The replacement for Rainbow store is going to be called Six26 LGBTQ Lounge and Rooftop

81 - 100 of 130 Posts