SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· CANAUS
276 Posts
Right, and the shared culture and values that exist between the anglophone nations of course have no roots in Anglo-Saxon culture, right?

The very fact that Anglo-Saxon is used to refer to our shared cultures in academia (for example in this article here about the Socio-Cultural Environment for Entrepreneurship) shows that perhaps it is you, and not me, who doesn't understand the term Anglo-Saxon. :)
Just because some people in academia use a term doesn't mean we 'plebeians' must accept it as some kind of ultimate truth. While no one would disagree that Canada has certain Anglo-Saxon roots, it is debatable whether you can still call it so. Many Canadians would disagree to their country being labeled as essentially 'Anglo-Saxon'.

· CANAUS
276 Posts
Anyway, back to subject, yes there are plenty of countries in the world where parents don't have to worry about their children going outside.

However, Japan is really safe from what I hear.
I think the article over-generalises and that the Australian writer has his own agenda. I mean, all of it is based on personal opinion with very little else to make a strong case.

Also, my personal experience is the opposite. My parents allowed me to walk outside by myself in both big-city Toronto and Brisbane with no problems. Many of my friends can attest to the same...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.