1 - 20 of 345 Posts

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Put it in your mouth
7,111 Posts
^^ Those terraces are in Caroline Springs? Jesus.... I thought it was just McMansions out there.

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Was in Donvale last week to pickup a caravan. Lovely property surrounded by the usual crappy housing estates, sadly the owner had sold to a developer who had more of the same planned for heer lovely 50's house and shed& tree filled yard.

the driveway, gives an indication of the rest of the property

the street, more mindless crap in the middle of nowhere

·
WARREN
Uncle L2
8,052 Posts
^^ Those terraces are in Caroline Springs? Jesus.... I thought it was just McMansions out there.
They look lame and tacky. And if I wanted to live in a terrace, I'd rather it not be located between Sunshine and Melton, and it'd be somewhat nicer to have a cool inner city shopping strip around the corner, not CS Square with a Gloria Jeans Coffee a few minutes drive away.

CP Doom said:
the street, more mindless crap in the middle of nowhere
You're still a good 10-15km from the fringe of the eastern suburbs there.

The people who live in Doncaster East/Donvale are usually families, either white ones who send their kids to private school in Kew, or azn ones who send their kids to the local Secondary College. They all think it's an awesome place too, cos they like the big 1980s houses.

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
16,107 Posts
New urbanism (as pictured above) isn't as bad as traditional urban sprawl.

**** knows how somewhere so desolate, monotonous and lifeless is so appealing to many.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Sprawlsville - SEQ. Northern Gold Coast City (BNE in the distance)

·
6,412 Posts
Couple of photos taken from Riverside Ridge in Townsville, which the is actually a pretty nice area - close to stuff, near the river, topographical variation. Really bad examples of urban sprawl in Townsville would be Kalynda Chase or Sanctum. Click links for bigger versions:

In this shot you can see the city skyline in the background (only 10 km away)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4547100104/sizes/o/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4561324643/sizes/o/in/photostream/

·
WARREN
Uncle L2
8,052 Posts
Melbourne's outer south-east: Narre Warren/Berwick from above, including Westfield Fountain Gate:

Looks lovely doesn't it?

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I don't get this one. Is it a newly built house?
No garage? What's with the caged entrance?
Never seen such design before. I'm very curious.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Never seen such a design before. I'm very curious.

It looks a lot exactly like some of the townhouses that can be found in Mawson Lakes, Adelaide.

·
Registered
13,115 Posts
It almost looks like some outer-London, post-WW2 trash. Quite scary. I guess at least it doesn't have an enormous back yard, or front yard and is two story as opposed to a single floor? :dunno:

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Never seen such design before. I'm very curious.

It looks like the kind of houses they build in new subdivisions Mexico & Brazil.

·
Registered
16,015 Posts
^^I really don't see the appeal of it...if you don't have any yard or even the floor space of a traditional house, why choose one of these over an apartment in an inner suburb complex? I'm guessing there's probably a price difference but still...it's essentially a stand alone individual apartment (a bloody ugly one at that) with the added annoyance of being god knows how far from the city!

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Melbourne's Growth Boundary

The Age

www.theage.com.au/victoria/green-land-cut-bac...

New Suburb

Toolern

THE new outer suburb of Toolern is going to be unveiled with a bang.

Toolern, close to the rapidly expanding suburb of Melton, on the city's western fringe, is expected to house about 55,000 people. It will be Melbourne's biggest and newest suburb.

It is part of a major State Government initiative to expand Melbourne westward in preparation for a doubling of the city's population to eight million over the next 50 years.

www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/new-suburb...

Fraser Stewert on his pig farm in Melton which borders new housing estates. Photo: Jason South

www.theage.com.au/domain/urban-sprawl-fuels-f...

Tarneit

http://www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/aboutwyndham/pubmedia/media/2010/may2010/tarneitgaming

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
More Caroline Springs

Latest figures show buyer interest in high-rise living is on the rise with the number of inquiries at Caroline Springs’ three new apartment complexes more than doubling this financial year.

Apartments-style living now comprises about 30 per cent of all house and land inquiries at the estate.

The three new developments - Citadel Apartments, Springwater Apartments and Waterview Apartments - have been progressively released over several months, with construction of two of the apartment complexes under way.

Delfin Lend Lease project director Sean Pinan said the new apartments were capturing buyers’ attention for several reasons.

“With their central location, elegant design and low-maintenance lifestyle, Caroline Springs’ newest homes offer buyers the best of all worlds,” Mr Pinan said. “These modern, spacious apartments are only a short stroll from everything the cosmopolitan Caroline Springs Town Centre has to offer, including a range of shopping, dining and recreation options.”

melton-leader.whereilive.com.au/.../

property.modernsearch.com.au/townhouse+caroli...

www.findinvestmentproperty.com.au/pr-caroline...

www.realestateview.com.au/.../2-bedroom/

www.lascarisdesigns.com.au/residential-design...

framed.propertiesonline.com.au/pol/property/s...

www.theage.com.au/.../02/27/1172338625778.html

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Living in an apartment in a new estate really gives you the worst of both worlds. Why the hell do so many people like it?

1 - 20 of 345 Posts