SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
mostly at Talo and SSP
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Download from here > www.sukkula.net/stadi.wmv or alternatively http://s29.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=0SCSP4CDI6L4823T3264X8CN9V [28,8 megs]
Thanks to sdes for hosting the file (and Mantaz for agreeing to help, too).

Having done countless photo threads, I thought it was time to do one in video format. It could be better, but I'm done with editing in Adobe Premiere for some time. :) It features scenes shot in or near Helsinki downtown, accompanied by a soundtrack. I think the song I chose fits the feeling rather well. I also added some visual filter that made the footage look like it was shot on old camera.

Length of the video clip itself is 3 minutes, 48 seconds.

Please, if the server works well, downloading the file shouldn't take long. If you have Windows, you shouldn't have trouble playing it.

Awaiting your feedback ;)

- T (aka. OL)

·
always on
4,811 Posts
eager to see it.. started download now :) the 100klb im getting now per sec is better then the 3 at msn! Ill give you feedback in approx 10 min! ;)

·
always on
4,811 Posts
uh! As a huge fan of Helsinki and the Finnish People... i loved it! Urban, Alive, Emotional... great! Gotta love those Trams ;) Lots of unseen Helsinki places... professional panning and the selection of music :eek:kay::eek:kay: This video is a must for every urban addict! ;)

great Job :eek:kay:

certainly one of the best 28mb downloads of my life!

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
Very cool video :eek:kay:
I was thinking about making something like that but I ain't have video cam and not gonna get one anytime in the near future (I'm much more excited about getting a new SLR ;)). Also I think it would be better to use a tripod to avoid shaking and so make the clip look more professional. Well done nonetheless :eek:kay:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dowloading it at the moment, but speed sucks :( Just 6kb/s (normal 225kb/s). Il edit this message when dowloading is finished.

//
Great video! Only thing what was missing was high-rise buildings ;) But that video was filmed in Helsinki's center where are no high-risers. And music was good too.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hmm for me speed was quite good (about ~200 KB/s)

Anyway great video, i can say it's even much more interesting then those usual city promotion videos. Great job Oberleutnant and video don't look amateur to me, it's really good one.

·
Resurrected User
706 Posts
Nice video. :yes: I was also thinking about making some kind of urban video, but results are quite poor. I like Coldplay (The scientist is better song ;)), but music would be more urban and in Finnish, cause this is Helsinki video (maybe Finnish hiphop, or something). And as John said, tripod would be recommended.

But nice job after all. :eek:kay: Clips from Aleksanterinkatu were my favourites!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Like I said earlier, the video is brilliant!

Jape said:
but music would be more urban and in Finnish, cause this is Helsinki video (maybe Finnish hiphop, or something).
How about Teuvo Loman - Helsinki City Boy? :D

·
3:36
2,838 Posts
without any exaggerations - this video was SUPERB!!!!!!

i absolutely loved it!
i'm sure i'll watch it again many times in the future and love it then, too!

the scene in the beginning with the flying doves was cool! =)
and the ending rocked as well!

toni, you rule!!!! :colgate:

·
Registered
121 Posts
This video is awesome man!!! :eek2: u did a great job..

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Have just watched it and I can say that it was improved very well from the first version :eek:kay: Awesome, hope not the last one :yes:

·
Registered
91 Posts
This was GREAT!! You've done a very good job, and the visual filters you used gave it a very good atmosphere :eek:kay:
Also imo, the music fit it very well.

:applause:

·
User
719 Posts
Music choise is quite touchy and it fits well to Helsinki as tranquil Nordic city. I didn`t meant it as a bad thing. Yeah, I agree that it looks more interesting than usual tourist promotion videos, because it had more soulful feeling somehow.

·
Born to run
1,683 Posts
Yeah, it does have a soulful feeling! It turned out wonderful Toni. I liked it alot. And the music...brilliant choice sir. Coldplay..it's hard not to like them, and this song fits perfect!

I promised I would try to be critical, but I can't find anything to put my finger on. I don't mind the shaking, it is done almost in a nypd-blue'ish way.

I would love to have my own camera one day, and make a video inspired by this one.:)

btw, are there many Dressmann-stores in Finland?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts