SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36169 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe there is a Pangasinan thread here in SSC. So, this Pangasinan thread is dedicated for all of the Pangalatoks(is the spelling correct?)... post away pics from Dagupan, Lingayen, the 100 islands or anything about Pangasinan! Though this province is part of The Ilocos Region, I think it has its own culture, sceneries, and feel... so post away :cheers:

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
My dad is a true blue pangasinense. when we will go to lingayen this december 15 i will try to take pictures when we are participating in my dad's high school grand reunion motorcade from binmaley to aguilar then back to lingayen.

·
GoodNewsAmbassador
4,981 Posts
ok... manaoag church is in pangasinan right??? been here for a couple of times...

similarities ang exterior paint of Manaoag Church & Silay City Cathedral...:lol:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aren't there any PAngasinan stationed forumers here? IT seems that all SSC Philippine forumers have covered the Philippines(Even From Babuyan, Ilocos to Sulu!) except for Pangasinan...

·
Banned
2,086 Posts
Aren't there any PAngasinan stationed forumers here? IT seems that all SSC Philippine forumers have covered the Philippines(Even From Babuyan, Ilocos to Sulu!) except for Pangasinan...
Masantos ya labe ed sikayo namin!!

im from bayambang, pangasinan!! lemme help you with this thread. i'll be in pngsinan this weekend, i'll take some pics and post them here. cheers!

·
Khal vezhven!
2,285 Posts
:hi: a native of pangasinan province here! :hi: i came from the eastern part so i speak ilocano, not pangasinan (although my dad is half ilocano, half pangasinan).

anyway, i think there's not many of us here who are based in pangasinan that's why we don't get that much of updates from this most populated province in the country.

if you're looking for nice beaches and nice resorts, i heard they're in Bolinao, Pangasinan. not a lot of people know them i guess and i haven't been there myself.

there are 4 cities in the province, Dagupan, Urdaneta, Alaminos and San Carlos.

some photos from Flickr. credits go to these people:

thequeen
oggie poggie
kikaygirl
annfran
biggie_gurl77
anne mac
diamonds_in_the_soles_of_her_shoes
akumach

Pangasinan Provincial Capitol

Hundred Islands National Park

Bolinao, Pangasinan Church

Bolinao Lighthouse

Manaoag Church Altar

Binmaley Church Altar

Puerto del Sol Resort, Bolinao

Patopat (local delicacy)

Patopat and Tupig (local delicacies)

·
Khal vezhven!
2,285 Posts
wen mabalin datan. nagla-ing ngarud hehe!

oo, pede na yan. ang galing nga eh:D

i believe those "white stuff" are salt beds. FYI, Pangasinan means a place where salt is made (pag-asinan). and of course, salt is the basic component of the famous Pangasinan Bagoong.

·
Banned
2,086 Posts
i believe those "white stuff" are salt beds.
reflection yan nga araw sa mga fishpond/fishpens. Sa western coastal towns facing South China Sea like bani, dasol, agno, infanta ang salt making industry. In Dagupan city and coastal towns around Lingayen Gulf (San Fabian,Binmaley, Lingayen, Labrador, Sual, Anda) panay Aqua culture ang trip ng mga tao. ^^

·
Banned
2,086 Posts
^^ay ganun ba? hehe kala ko mga salt beds eh. thanks:)
no problem man! hey you're from villasis! dont worry im also from a landlocked town away from the open sea in central pangasinan. taga bayambang ak! (aprox 40Km south of Dagupan) :nuts: most of our townmates are into farming and related industries right? although in bayambang we also have the largest wetland in the province, the mangabul lake, where the agno river, tarlac river, camiling river and other tributaries converge.

do you have any pics of the villasis wholesale vegtable market? it's impressive. i know it now competes with Urdaneta City as the "bagsakan" of choice among the viajeros. Anyway, Bayambang also is becoming the "distribution hub" in central pangasinan for local low-land vegetables (from buatista, basista, san carlos city, urbiztondo, and malasique) going to manila. trucks, jeepneys, tricycles, kariton, kuliglig crowd at the plaza. trading happens every morning. major problem: there's not enough infrastructure to support the distribution system unlike in Villasis. Galing kasi ni Rep. Marcos D. Cojuangco! hehehe si Rep. Tulagan sa district 3 mahina sa projects!

kabagis post mo laengen. pati dyay plaza, market ken town hall. mayat ti ili ti Villasis ah! mabalen kuma

·
Khal vezhven!
2,285 Posts
that's right, taga-villasis ako. born and raised there. it's indeed a farming town and we're really trying to utilize that potential kaya naman pinag-iigihan nila ang pagpapatayo ng mga infrastructures na makakatulong sa kabuhayan ng mga farmers sa bayan namin.:) that's why our town is the "Vegetable Bowl of Pangasinan" :D

sige, hanap muna ako ng mga pix. i think i've seen photos of our bagsakan before, i just can't remember where. ang hindi ko lang mahanap ay mga pictures ng rizal park sa harap ng municipal hall namin. hindi ko pa nga siya nakikita, kasi wala na ako doon nung ginawa yun. also, they will inaugurate our new municipal hall this coming January sa fiesta namin. punta kayo:D

·
inBUSYble
1,107 Posts
Masantos ya labe ed sikayo namin!!

im from bayambang, pangasinan!! lemme help you with this thread. i'll be in pngsinan this weekend, i'll take some pics and post them here. cheers!

Kabaleyan!!! taga bayambang ak met, iner kad bayambang? Wala mana yay taga pangasinan dyad SSC, dwara tini taga bayambang. :cheers:

·
inBUSYble
1,107 Posts
The San Roque Dam, Pangasinan, Philippines

San Roque Dam, considered the biggest man-made dam in the Southeast Asia is the tallest and largest
private hydropower project in Asia
. Located in the remote mountains 320 miles from the capital of Manila in the Philippines, the San Roque
Multipurpose Project is one of the largest hydroelectric, flood-control, and irrigation projects in Asian history.
Its major feature is a 650-foot high rock-fill dam and the 12th highest dam of its kind in the world.
Often called a national flagship project, the San Roque Dam will reduce flooding, provide irrigation to
more than 200,000 acres of land as well as supply clean hydroelectric power for commercial and industrial
use to a region that desperately needs it.
In 1998 Washington Group International was awarded two contracts totaling $705 million for the engineer-
procure-construct work by San Roque Power Corporation, an international consortium led by
United States-based Sithe Energies. San Roque Power worked under a build-operate-transfer contract
with the state-run National Power Corporation.

http://www.wgint.com/docs/san_roque.pdf

1 - 20 of 36169 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.