SkyscraperCity banner

2221 - 2240 of 2326 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
It's awful what is happening in the US at the moment. Violence by the police, and the way some people are using the protests as an excuse for looting, etc.

The US has had a lot of riots like this, but this is maybe the worst it has been since the late 60's, early 70's era of Vietnam War and Civil Rights demonstrations. And back then Nixon, the Republican running on a law and order, working for the silent majority, etc type campaign won in 68 and by even more in 72. I think 1972 might have been the biggest winning margin ever, 49 to 1 in states won. Of course it went downhill for Tricky Dicky soon after when the Watergate scandal happened.

I don't think election wise all this is going to hurt Trump at all if he keeps pushing the law and order line.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Some people are using the protests as an excuse? I think it is far more than some people. I guess it is "some" compared to the bulk rest. But at the same time it is "a lot" of organised incitement to protest. It's virtually sedition. The bulk of the bad riots are in Dem states and cities where Governors and Mayors have been inept in responding and allowing things to get out of control, but to be fair, I think this caught most off guard.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I don't believe he created the crisis they're your words and assumptions, I said he is using this to try and manipulate the situation. Why do you keep going on and on about this TDS crap, it seems so Trump like? You didn't like me calling you a Trump worshiper did you, so what is the difference ?
Really, these are your words a few posts up. Is it out of context? Point 1 - create a crisis.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Their not my words they're are discussion talk points to get people to think. I didn't create the 1st amendment either.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You posted those words. Ok then, I assumed you meant they were relevant towards Trump because you setup that post with this:

Quote Andy, "Might be time to remind Trump of the US Constitution First Amendment "

So you are saying I took it out of context, but I hope you can see the confusion on my part, now.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
You posted those words. Ok then, I assumed you meant they were relevant towards Trump because you setup that post with this:

Quote Andy, "Might be time to remind Trump of the US Constitution First Amendment "

So you are saying I took it out of context, but I hope you can see the confusion on my part, now.
Fair enough call.

·
Banned
9,682 Posts
Some people are using the protests as an excuse? I think it is far more than some people. I guess it is "some" compared to the bulk rest. But at the same time it is "a lot" of organised incitement to protest. It's virtually sedition.
Well how is it not domestic terrorism in many instances?

What do people like this university professor think they are doing when they engage in this sort of behaviour?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Well how is it not domestic terrorism in many instances?

What do people like this university professor think they are doing when they engage in this sort of behaviour?

Posted before but the irresponsibility of this guide is nuts:

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
You seem to be making assumptions about what I believe all I did was put out there the steps on how one can go from a democratic republic to a dictatorship. I believe those steps have been used in the past so we should be wary and not repeat history. It is not what I believe it is what I worry about. I also see Republicans gerrymandering and trying to prevent people voting, I see the stacking of the courts with ultraconservative judges rather than having an impartial judiciary and I see a strategy to attack the press.
You quite clearly implied that's what Trump was doing. The TDS is in overdrive right now.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Some people are using the protests as an excuse? I think it is far more than some people. I guess it is "some" compared to the bulk rest. But at the same time it is "a lot" of organised incitement to protest. It's virtually sedition. The bulk of the bad riots are in Dem states and cities where Governors and Mayors have been inept in responding and allowing things to get out of control, but to be fair, I think this caught most off guard.
I guess in the Republican controlled areas there are less uppity blacks

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
You quite clearly implied that's what Trump was doing. The TDS is in overdrive right now.
The tactics by Trump and his supporters isn't working too well beyond his base at the moment. What you think I imply hardly matters in the scheme of things compared to the flack and scrutiny Trump is rightly under. Does not matter how many times you post TDS your man dominates the headlines and people around the planet are shaking their heads about what is happening in America with its shallow leadership and its deep divisions.

2221 - 2240 of 2326 Posts