SkyscraperCity banner

2261 - 2280 of 2323 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Looks like the great American uniter of the people in Donald Trump is finally getting something that looks like his wall that he promised to build and that Mexico would pay for. Different location different purpose but close enough. So obviously built to keep his adoring fans from getting to close same as the bunker he likes to often visit.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
And who pushed the Crime bill (1994 I believe) under Clinton, that resulted in more black incarceration than ever before? Joe Biden. It made it law that 5g of Crack cocaine resulted in more incarceration than powder cocaine. And what one is peddled on the street more by your 1st level distributor? 5g Crack, which then resulted in massive incarcerations for black Americans but all the other pushers stayed out of the spotlight because small amounts of 5g Crack was never going to be sold at the high levels.

And who pushed to reform it? Trump

Also, every economic indicator for African Americans decreased under Obama.
FYI this is incorrect. It's not true to say that the Clinton (and Biden) law created the sentencing disparity between crack and powder cocaine and that it was Trump that reformed it.

The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 didn't make it law that crack cocaine carried higher sentencing than powder. The so called "100 to 1" disparity was the result of the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986. The 1994 law had asked the Sentencing Commission to review the disparity and adjust the guidelines however this was subsequently overridden by the Republican controlled congress and waived by Clinton. If they hadn't then the sentencing disparity would have already been reformed at that time.

It wasn't until the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 that the 100 to 1 disparity was reduced to 18:1 and the mandatory minimum sentence was removed. What the First Step Act of 2018 did was make the earlier Obama law retroactive.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
@Tyson

Ok, let me get my dates right on the history of this but first, down to 18:1. Why 18:1? That's nuts. Trump has set out to reform yet again. And to make it perfectly clear how much Biden was involved with this from the beginning? Since 1976, This starts from a segment where Biden is speaking in 1993:

For the full audio podcast on Biden that speaks a lot about his involvement in the crime bill:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Ok, let me get my dates right on the history of this but first, down to 18:1. Why 18:1? That's nuts.
Political compromise. The same unfortunate reason we end up with all sorts of strange laws and regulations.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Political compromise. The same unfortunate reason we end up with all sorts of strange laws and regulations.
If you have the time, listen to the Moefactz podcast I linked. Good info on the history of the Crime bill but it's many theme is about the Biden you ain't black episode from just over a week ago. Cheers.

·
Banned
9,682 Posts
Apparently, and which I'm sure will be a shock to Hollywood celebrities in their big gated mansions, only 16% of Americans actually want to 'defund the Police':

Meanwhile 1.7 millions guns were sold in May, an 80% increase on 2019 and an all-time record.

So, you know, if your aim was to decrease guns in the US, well done Democrats, even your own voters are arming up.

Reactions: Danukoz

·
WARREN
8,020 Posts
Biden is now the favourite with all of the major bookies, except for TAB who have given Trump and Biden an even chance.

As much as the MSM love anything to do with the Democrats and will pump his cause as much as they can, I still can't see Biden getting up.

And as we all know, most of the corporate online only bookmakers are garbage anyway, and wouldn't have a clue what's happening. Remember when Sportsbet paid out for win bets on Bill Shorten as PM before the 2019 election?

TAB - TAB.com.au
Trump $1.95 / Biden $1.95

Sportsbet - https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2020-2982545
Trump $2.05 / Biden $1.95

Ladbrokes - Ladbrokes
Trump $2.01 / Biden $1.91

bet365 - bet365 - Online Sports Betting
Trump $2.05 / Biden $1.90

TABtouch (WA Government) - https://www.tabtouch.com.au/sports/elections/usa/30925/3079919?tourname=next-us-presidential-election&tourseq=2712315
Trump $2.05 / Biden $1.95

·
Registered
940 Posts
It’s funny that the Democrats have refused to do an extensive interview for Biden like the one just Trump did. They can’t hide him in the basement forever.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
It’s funny that the Democrats have refused to do an extensive interview for Biden like the one just Trump did. They can’t hide him in the basement forever.
Biden might be able to move from his basement after election day straight into the White House bunker.

USA under Trump now 4.5 million total virus cases, nearly 65,000 new daily cases and another 1,245 deaths yesterday and 17,750,000 unemployed along with a near 150,000 virus death toll.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Biden is shit, Trump is shit. I strongly believe Pete Buttigieg was the best Democrat candidate, all hope is lost.

2261 - 2280 of 2323 Posts