SkyscraperCity banner

2301 - 2320 of 2415 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
The Trump supporters remain in their protective echo chamber with wrong priorities and seemingly in denial of the disastrous economic and health response coming from the top leadership in charge of the US. Trump is still arguing with his top health experts and still does not seem to have any plan to get on top of the virus.

·
Registered
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,303
The Trump supporters remain in their protective echo chamber with wrong priorities and seemingly in denial of the disastrous economic and health response coming from the top leadership in charge of the US. Trump is still arguing with his top health experts and still does not seem to have any plan to get on top of the virus.
What I don't get is the Democrats opposing everything Trump says without dissecting his ill advised words. Hydroxychloroquine is not a Covid cure but under medical control it may help some patients if death may be an alternative.
The Left now satanize this drug purely because Trump used it in his flippant way...almost as bad as saying it was Trumps fault because a couple of Americans died after they drank fish tank cleaner because hydroxychloroquine was an ingredient.
Get past Trump talk and accept the country ( before Covid19 ) was in a better state than under previous administrations. Under Republicans there are Americans...Under Democrats there are Democrats and even they are Victim minorities that must destroy everything and shut down everyone who votes Trump that made America the place so many people across the world want to emulate or move to...I don't agree with that notion myself but look at history...while you can, as Democrats will wipe history off the books if they get their way. It is '1984' in reality...
I am sure all factions are trying to develop a real Covid cure as fast as they can...politics and hatred of Trump should not control the narrative.
...Maybe Hillary might stick her head up again ? I mean, Biden...really ?

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
In your opinion Andy, is Dan Andrews performance in managing the outbreak of corona virus worse than Trump? Seeing as Victoria is only 1 state and fully managed by a single government who had virtually eliminated the virus. And the US is 52 states with their own governments and nearly 50 times the population of Victoria. Just checking your consistency.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
In your opinion Andy, is Dan Andrews performance in managing the outbreak of corona virus worse than Trump? Seeing as Victoria is only 1 state and fully managed by a single government who had virtually eliminated the virus. And the US is 52 states with their own governments and nearly 50 times the population of Victoria. Just checking your consistency.
Andrews and Morrison have made mistakes but things can be turned around with vigilance, cooperation, trusting the experts and learning from the mistakes made. Trump takes little responsibility, fails to listen, makes excuses, blames others and creates diversions. As for your comparisons with Victoria and the USA please with over 158,000 deaths in the USA, over 4.8 million cases. With now nearly 500 deaths per million and rising rapidly.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Well I’ve got my answer. But at least you’re consistent with vague answers, not addressing the question and blurring the lines of the issue.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Just a nitpick - it's 50 States, Danukoz. But also, Andy is consistent - Trump, Trump, Trump. I said it 3 times because that is the gold standard.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Just a nitpick - it's 50 States, Danukoz. But also, Andy is consistent - Trump, Trump, Trump. I said it 3 times because that is the gold standard.
Wow one would expect a topic that says " US Presidential Election 2020" would reference a lot the current President.
You have mentioned this twice now so what point you trying to make? Do you think I should be praising the US Corona virus response?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I thought there was a thread for Corona? But hey, Orange Man bad. Knock yourself out. Nearly every 2nd post in the Corona thread you do, also mentions Trump as well.

Praise the US Corona virus response? Nope, why should I think that? But the common theme with you is Trump. What about the epicenters of NYC. Cuomo hardly gets a lookin with your Trumpian view of things- Cuomo's denial of how badly he handles the age care facilities. How NYC hospitals kept people with suspected Covid waiting for up to 4 days at the hospital and lo and behold, they then get Covid. How Trump threw resource after resource at NYC with hospital ships, ventilators and the rest, all to the point that even Cuomo (at the time, praised Trump).

What about how Trump had a Corona task force with your idle, Fauci and then there was also Dr Birx. You need to understand the complexity of the US Gov system, with 50 States each with their residual powers of control on all the services, security, and other policies they decided. If you want to get a grasp of that complexity, look no further than the constant bickering in Australia between the States. Why is that? Well, we did adopt the US constitutional model of Federation where we also have residual powers to the States and delegated powers to the Fed. You'd probably blame Trump for Victoria's Covid situation.

You will no doubt see this as just advocating excuses for Trump's fuckups. Has he fucked up? Yep, like nearly every leader on the planet when it comes to this virus but the thing that gets swept under the mat each and every time is the constant blind eye to the biggest fuckup of all - how China handled this from the start. Oh no, he mentions China and tries to deflect it all away from Trump.

You'd have to be blind not to see the polemic nature of US politics at the moment, especially 3 months from an election. I'll guarantee this - assuming Trump looses in Nov? All this political BS, media propaganda and blatant pandering will all disperse. Covid will become just a talking point - a problem no doubt, but one that can be tackled methodically and without prejudice. Does Trump make it polemic? Yes he does. Does the DNC? According to you? Probably not but here's the thing. I see both Trump and the DNC as divisive as each other. Here's the other thing. The DNC made it divisive from the get go and I am not talking about Covid here. They are the one's that decided to play the man as soon As Orange Man got in office. They are the one's that got it to where we are now and yes, Trump has stoked it. In all this, IMO, the most divisive, the most unhinged and dangerous politician in US politics at the moment is Nancy Pelosi. Her rhetoric makes Trump's look mature and that's saying something. Thank God she never has a chance at the big chair.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I thought there was a thread for Corona? But hey, Orange Man bad. Knock yourself out. Nearly every 2nd post in the Corona thread you do, also mentions Trump as well.

Praise the US Corona virus response? Nope, why should I think that? But the common theme with you is Trump.
Is criticising and talking about Trump who happens to be one of the most powerful leaders on the planet against your rules Hexter? Well hopefully his nightmare rule will soon come to an end and we will no longer have to talk about him being President.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
No, it's not against my rules. My point is "he" is all you go on and on and on about, which then takes away focus on the other complexities. Your reply, that insists on the Orange Man, proves my point. It's your main focus (and the media you follow), when in truth, there are far more complexities, especially in the US context, of why Covid-19 and the way it is handled by ALL countries, is a complete ****-up. I mentioned Victoria, not b/c of Daniels, but to show that a Federation of 6 big States and a few territories, with arguably, high level lockdown from the start, also has big logistical issues with nipping the Covid in the bud. Now times that by a factor of 13 and you have the USA.

Quote, "Nightmare rule"; again, kind of affirms everything I observed with yr derangement of the man is kinda spot on.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Derangement is such a contemptuous word and my negative views on the man don't seem all that much different to your views on Pelosi. True I don't like him and I think he is one of the worst Presidents the US as ever had and I think he is a danger to US democracy. If this bothers you so much I suggest you stop reading my posts.

·
Registered
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,314
Trump just signed the 'Great American Outdoors' Act...Another policy to maintain and increase protection of US National Parks. A gathering of Americans from all backgrounds and levels of Government applauded the signing as Democrats keep spending all their time searching for something bad to tie to Orange Man Bad.

·
Premium Member
8,890 Posts
Trump has done a few OK things. But he stills comes across as a loud buffoon, and I'm sure to many Americans he is an embarrassment as a world leader. He knows he is never going to be loved in places like NY and California, etc. But he plays to his base, and I think there are still a lot of them out there prepared to vote for him in the states that matter, despite what some polls say. Reagan and Dubya were almost equally loathed by the left and they were re-elected. I've counted out Trump too many times before to be surprised now if he wins again.

It's taking a while for Biden's running mate to be named. Considering the state of him there must be some fierce infighting going on in the Democrats to get the spot. I guess they are also looking for all the skeletons in the closet and wargaming whatever the Republicans will throw at them.

·
Registered
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,316
Can anyone with an unbiased mind tell how a TV debate between Trump and Biden would go ? Will it happen ? It should happen.
I think I am biased...so I won't tell.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Derangement is such a contemptuous word and my negative views on the man don't seem all that much different to your views on Pelosi. True I don't like him and I think he is one of the worst Presidents the US as ever had and I think he is a danger to US democracy. If this bothers you so much I suggest you stop reading my posts.
The difference is - I think that's the first time I have mentioned Pelosi so I can't see how that qualifies as "derangement" on my part. You can't go a day without mentioning Trump. Perhaps, change your news feeds. Might help?

2301 - 2320 of 2415 Posts