Votes: 25 5.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 5391 Posts

·
Developer
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by hngcm

how are they going to build it without interrupting the season?

it overlaps Busch Stadium
The construction teams will do all the ground work and parts of the stadium that do not overlap first. Then, after 2004 ends with a World Series celebration they start demolishing the parts that do overlap. I think then they plan on playing 2005 in a busted up Busch and then in a partially finished new Busch. 2006 rolls around with another win and the new stadium is done. Then the plan for the old stadium is to knock the rest down and build condos that overlook the new stadium. *I think* I read this about 6 months ago and I assuming that it is still the plan. I think the new Cincinanati stadium was built the same way. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The largest outdoor football stadiums in the U.S.A.

1. Michigan Stadium - Ann Arbor, MI - 107,501 seats

2. Beaver Stadium - State College, PA - 107,282 seats

3. Neyland Stadium - Knoxville, TN - 104,079 seats

4. Ohio Stadium - Columbus, OH - 101,568 seats

5. Rose Bowl - Pasadena, CA - 98,636 seats

6. LA Memorial Coliseum - Los Angeles, CA - 92,000 seats

7. Tiger Stadium - Baton Rouge, LA - 91,600 seats

8. Sanford Stadium - Athens, GA - 86,520 seats

9. FedEx Field - Landover, MD - 86,484 seats

10. Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL - 86,063 seats

11. Stanford Stadium - Palo Alto, CA - 85,500 seats

12. Bryant-Denny Stadium - Tuscaloosa, AL - 83,818 seats

13. Legion Field - Birmingham, AL - 83,091 seats

14. Florida Field - Gainesville, FL - 83,000 seats

15. Memorial Stadium - Clemson, SC - 81,474 seats

16. Notre Dame Stadium - South Bend, IN - 80,795 seats

17. Kyle Field - College Station, TX - 80,650 seats

18. Royal-Memorial Stadium - Austin, TX - 80,082 seats

19. Giants Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ - 80,062 seats

20. Doak Campbell Stadium - Tallahassee, FL - 80,000 seats

21. Arrowhead Stadium - Kansas City, MO - 79,451 seats

22. Camp Randall Stadium - Madison, WI - 76,634 seats

23. Invesco Field - Denver, CO - 76,125 seats

24. Pro Player Stadium - Miami, FL - 75,540 seats

25. Memorial Stadium - Berkeley, CA - 75,028 seats

26. Ralph Wilson Stadium - Orchard Park, NY - 73,967 seats

27. Memorial Stadium - Lincoln, NE - 73,918 seats

28. Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, NC - 73,500 seats

29. Sun Devil Stadium - Tempe, AZ - 73,379 seats

30. Cleveland Browns Stadium - Cleveland, OH - 73,200 seats

31. ALLTEL Stadium - Jacksonville, FL - 73,000 seats

32. Oklahoma Memorial - Norman, OK - 72,765 seats

33. Lambeau Field - Green Bay, WI - 72,515 seats

34. Husky Stadium - Seattle, WA - 72,500 seats

34. Orange Bowl - Miami, FL - 72,319 seats

35. Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI - 72,027 seats

36. Reynolds-Razorback Stadium - Fayetteville, AR - 72,000 seats

37. Qualcomm Stadium - San Diego, CA - 71,000 seats

38. Soldier Field - Chicago, IL - 70,904 seats

39. Kinnick Stadium - Iowa City, IA - 70,397 seats

40. Citrus Bowl - Orlando, FL - 70,188 seats

41. Rice Stadium - Houston, TX - 70,000 seats

42. Reliant Stadium - Houston, TX - 69,500 seats

43. 3Com Park - San Francisco, CA - 69,400 seats

44. Memorial Stadium - Champaign, IL - 69,249 seats

45. M&T Bank Stadium - Baltimore, MD - 69,084 seats

46. The Coliseum - Nashville, TN - 68,799 seats

47. Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia, PA - 68,532 seats

48. Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA - 68,000 seats

49. Commonwealth Stadium - Lexington, KY - 67,530 seats

50. Seahawks Stadium - Seattle, WA - 67,000 seats

51. Ross-Ade Stadium - West Lafayette, IN - 66,295 seats

·
Texas-NoVA
2,264 Posts
Great Pics and Thread
Most of the big stadiums are College Stadiums where the best of the game of football is played and most of the smaller stadiums are from the NFL

B

·
0 Posts
I think this is a international forum, for a better understanding it s better to call Fottball (=soccer) as Football and American Football as American Football. Without this "international" calling system we talk not from the same if we say here "Football". It s the same sense of decency to speak here english or at least to try it in this international forum part and not to talk e.g. in German with you.
Maybe for some Americans it s difficult to understand and respect other systems than them own.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
In the U.S.A. football is football & that boring sport in which they kick a ball around is soccer. The thread is about the U.S.A. if you didn't read the title.

·
Nacho Libre
154 Posts
Ha ok, so A) Football should be the game where you use your feet!
B) what can be more boring than 20 seconds of play and 5 mins of adverts for 5 hours?
and C) Football is the most popular sport in the world! American football does not come anywhere close

so think before you get into your one dimensional US Centric mindset!

Pratt!

N

·
0 Posts
And the funny thing about American Football: its Rugby, but with:

a) Lots of breaks to regain energy
b) Lots of padding, helmets and the like to ensure no actual contact and to ensure mummy's boy doesn't get hurt

On another note, I don't need to repeat what the enlightened JacobRit said other than that nobody in the wide world who is sane watches NFL or any other anally retentive American sport - now that is funny :lol:

·
Texas-NoVA
2,264 Posts
The great thing about that is we dont care what you think or say because we are not here to please you or cater to you.
Funny, i have talked to many rugby players that has played Football and they say Football is about as physical if not more than rugby. You see what you see on tv and you think hey this is like rugby yet you probably never played a minute of the game.

·
Texas-NoVA
2,264 Posts
JacobRit said:
Ha ok, so A) Football should be the game where you use your feet!
B) what can be more boring than 20 seconds of play and 5 mins of adverts for 5 hours?
and C) Football is the most popular sport in the world! American football does not come anywhere close

so think before you get into your one dimensional US Centric mindset!

Pratt!
after all that you just said Football is still Football...Soccer is still Soccer...does it hurt you so much that we will not call it what you want us to call it lol..Football games never go 5 hours
Harly anybody in the US Disrespects your sports..why do you disrespect ours??

N

·
0 Posts
I've not played professional - I'm simply not that good. I play wing and have played for ooooohhhhh for around 7 years. Luckily the worst I've had happen to me, is studs in the eye, being winded on several occasions and having an unfortunate incident when my crown jewels came into contact with a right royal of a kick (all better now :lol:). I have however seen some awful acts - legs splitting right in two (ie a full clean snap with splintered bone ejecting out the leg - made half the team sick), awkward fulls with ankles twisting 90 degrees of more. My dad saw a guys eye pop out while he played, peoples faces being cut up like they had just been knifed. Its an awful game, but when played right it is a brilliant game.

The reason we disrespect your sport, is because you disrespect our sport by calling it soccer when its football. I dont call you a tossing loser do I - because you probably aint!!!!! So if you wanna be nice and not be the odd one out IN THE WHOLE WORLD then you really ought to understand where we are coming from.

·
Texas-NoVA
2,264 Posts
I know different people from different parts of the world that calls your sport soccer not just Americans...so its not just us

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Why do you guys have to ruin this great thread? Americans call football football and call soccer soccer. Deal with it. Now back to the topic....

·
Tax avoider
23,943 Posts
Sounder said:
[15. Memorial Stadium - Clemson, SC - 81,474 seats

What freaks me out is how some of these stadia have such large capacities with whole ends missing - I'm trying to imagine how large the above would be if it the side stands were continued all the way round to form a bowl...

·
Registered
498 Posts
It would be interresting with a thread about the biggest FOOTBALL (the real football) stadiums in the US, or is it mostly played in American Football stadiums?

·
Tax avoider
23,943 Posts
nick_taylor said:
The reason we disrespect your sport, is because you disrespect our sport by calling it soccer when its football. I dont call you a tossing loser do I - because you probably aint!!!!! So if you wanna be nice and not be the odd one out IN THE WHOLE WORLD then you really ought to understand where we are coming from.
Nick - association football ("soccer") is only "football" colloquially in the parts of the world where it's the dominant code of football. In most states in Australia "football" is Aussie Rules, in NSW and QLD it's rugby league, in New Zealand it's rugby union, in Ireland it's Gaelic football, in the USA it's gridiron, in Canada it's Canadian football etc. etc. Even in the UK you'll find entities like "Leicester Football Club" (rugby union) and "Hull F.C." (rugby league) which were founded before the rules of soccer were established...

Where I think you're coming from is the misguided belief that the code of football you follow is the only (or original) form of football, and North Americans and Australasians have "stolen" the game, unfortunately it just makes you look ignorant and intolerant... :)

·
Tax avoider
23,943 Posts
Kaneda said:
It would be interresting with a thread about the biggest FOOTBALL (the real football) stadiums in the US, or is it mostly played in American Football stadiums?
AAAARGH!!! There is no "real" football - football is a generic term for ball games played on foot. This argument is akin to beef and pork fans arguing ownership of the word "meat"... :bash:

1 - 20 of 5391 Posts