SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
University Gateway is a new residential and commercial development north of the USC campus on 3 parcels at 16 acres situated between Figueroa, Jefferson, Flower, and 32nd. It is in the planning stages and will include thousands of square feet of ground floor retail sitting under 1,060 student housing units rising 6 stories. This promises to bring a huge urban renaissance to an area that is now a bunch of dead used car lots. Walking around the neighborhood recently, I noticed stopsign-like signs posted around that read "stop university gateway." I decided to visit the website and see what it was all about, and of course the University Park Community Association is trying to shoot it down. Their main complaint is that "the buildings are too big" and it will create traffic problems and there is not enough parking, despite the THREE EIGHT-LEVEL PARKING STRUCTURES which are going to be included in the development. Nimrods. Not every student owns a car around here, anyway. And with the Expo Line running right next to the development in a few years, even more students will be influenced to use public transportation and traffic along figueroa will be relieved. University Gateway is a huge step toward connecting USC with the rest of downtown LA, and fueling the Figueroa corridor revitalization by making it more pedestrian-friendly. Why would anyone be opposed to more affordable housing, urban progression and leaving behind our dependency on cars??! UGH, I hate people.. my rant is done. :sleepy:

their silly website:
www.stopuniversitygateway.com

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
:fiddle: :fiddle: ????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts