SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. In this first post I am going to update every single known solution to the problems with the new platform. Please note that the installation of these add-ons and codes is on your own responsibility and are not supported by Vertical Scope. Future updates to this website can potentially make some add-ons useless. However in the meantime for many it will improve the experience with this website, for some it might not.

Skyscrapercity styles on Stylus
These fix a lot of issues regarding readability, side bars ect ect:
For anyone getting custom styles from userstyles.org DO NOT use the Stylish add-on to install them, use Stylus instead

I see large banner ads for stylish on that website, but it's not the add-on anyone should be using to to install custom styles

Perhaps @joshsam can add this to the first post?
Option one:
1)Download: Stylus add for your browser: Chrome; Firefox, Opera
2)Some good examples:

• SSC classic V Bulletin Theme version 1.2 made by @jawik80 MOST POPULAR +500 DOWLOADS
    • What has changed in relation to the previous version (v1.1):
      • displaying the author of the last post in a thread in the list of threads - at the request of @@sudione supported by the voices of other users
      • icon / link to the first page in the thread added to the list of threads
      • added display of forum tags: closed thread, voting, added to watched and others
      • removed painstakingly pop-up preview of the first post in the thread - author: @@kantorek
      • improved cooperation with smaller width displays, now content has no tendency to "disperse"
      • enlarged designation of users who are "online"
      • ordered upper bar of the message window, visible marker for the author of the thread
      • in the message editing window, the button bar moved to the top edge
      • increased width of the emoticon selection window in the editor
      • information about the installed style version added in the footer of the page
    • The script "SSC Utility v1.2" (javascript) provides the following options:
      • vBulletin style animated emotes integrated with the editor's menu (no additional buttons, windows or dragging, just click and you have)
      • classic emoji both in the editor at the bottom of the page and when editing previous posts
      • civilized presentation of date and time on the message pane bar, 24-hour format, date DD-MMM-YYYY
For the complete integration of animated vBulletin emoji with a message editor - requires Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey:
SSC Utility v1.2

• 100 LP STYLE made by @skejl is a very good style, very soft of the eyes. I personally use it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option two:

Sławek said:
In Polish section SSC user @kantorek created an extension to Firefox Browser (it works in Chrome too).

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/3536810/ssc_classic-0.42-fx.xpi?src=dp-btn-primary
upack it by 7zip or Winrar
In Fierefox just add as an extension, in Chrome delete "META-INF" and also add as an extension (turn on developer mode)

SSC looks better :)

Non sticky nav bar
made by @skejl

Disable slow image loading
made by @bad455

·
Registered
MILANO -ITA-
14,010 Posts
Besides other issues the main trouble of SSC right now is readability. Luckely we have a smart public here that has written some style add-ons for this forum to increase readability. Credits to the creators of these styles!

Option one:
1)Download: Stylus add for your browser: Chrome; Firefox, Opera
2)Download a style, some examples I use:
Some examples of when you apply these styles:

FWP:

XF2:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option two:

Sławek said:
In Polish section SSC user @kantorek created an extension to Firefox Browser (it works in Chrome too).

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/3536810/ssc_classic-0.42-fx.xpi?src=dp-btn-primary
upack it by 7zip or Winrar
In Fierefox just add as an extension, in Chrome delete "META-INF" and also add as an extension (turn on developer mode)

SSC looks better :)

Thank you very much!! this message should be more visible!

·
Registered
50,273 Posts
It doesn't work in my old notebook, maybe because it used Windows XP?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Some examples of when you apply these styles:
FWP:
XF2:
I notice in your example screenshots, that you have "new" indicators in the "titel bar" of the posts for answer #1610. Does anyone know why I don't have them on Firefox?

·
25,583 Posts
I notice in your example screenshots, that you have "new" indicators in the "titel bar" of the posts for answer #1610. Does anyone know why I don't have them on Firefox?
What style are you using? They are present with both XF2 and FPW for me on Chrome. But they're covered by the bar with FPW.

·
Registered
Blackboard Monitor
15,923 Posts
I doubt he can upgrade his browser. Most browsers stopped supporting XP two years ago, Chrome stopped supporting it four years ago!

It's a 19 year old OS!

·
Premium Member
9,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I run Windows 7 on my laptop because I always liked it and it runs so smooth for me and even that is showing it's cracks now and then so I can imagine support for XP is totally falling apart right now.

I have Windows 10 on a desktop and tbh that Windows 7 on a 10 year old laptop still runs better.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I found this post to be incredibly helpful

Besides it looking good, it was relatively easy to customize further.

Especially this line:

! message main <mostir>
www.skyscrapercity.com##.bbWrapper:style(color: #000000 !important; font-size: 20px !important;)
www.skyscrapercity.com##.california-message-cell.message-cell--main.message-cell:style(background-color: #AAB2DC !important)

I was able to change the font size to something better for me - you can plug in any number where it says font size.

And for the background color, you can replace #AAB2DC with the color of your choosing. Just paste that into google and a color picker comes up:

Move the color circle to what you want, and it tells you what the code is. I went with something slightly more grey, while still maintaining a purple hue.

Much easier to read than blinding white or deep black!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
So does anyone using Firefox see the "new" lettering next to new posts in a thread as shown in the examplatory images in the OP? / Do Chrome users see the new indicators next to new posts even on the default skin?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Didn't understand what you mean.

==
I'm using firefox (latest). But didnt understand correctly what you said. And didnt see anything different in SSC view either.
In this screenshot
the post of joshsam has a "New" written in the title bar of the post.

The "New" Indicator shows up in posts that were written since you last visited a thread.

The title bar of a post contains the post number ("#1610"), the timestamp ("a moment ago"), a large blank space, the "New" indicator, a checkbox and the 3 vertical button menu. I am missing the "New" indicator. People have responed before that they see the "New" indicator and were using Chrome. I suspect for whatever reason that this does not work with Firefox.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts