Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Project: Dockan Hotel (Kv. Kranen 1)
Use: Hotel
Developer: Wihlborgs Fastigheter AB
Height: ~80m
No. of Floors: ~23
No. of Rooms: ~300
Design: AIX Arkitekter

New render-- this is still not the final version though (but it will probably look similar to this).

The plot where it will be built:

Will include public spaces, restaurants, shopping, greenery, outdoor swimming pool, skybar on the top floor etc. It would be Malmö's largest hotel (today) and is pending approval from Malmö City.

·
囧!
10,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To me it looks pretty good in the paper rendering, it lost quite a bit of quality when I transferred it "digitally", and looks a lot more "lifeless".
To me it looks almost like a wider and shorter version of the Living Shangri-La (Vancouver).

The plot for this project is incredibly tiny. It almost seem difficult how they will fit a tower in that location.

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Finally something new about this hotel! I think it looks good, like AW said, it seems to fit the area good.

·
囧!
10,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^
I think it will, if built. The plot is really tiny, so the area around it will be really compact and have an urban feel to it. The tower itself looks good in opinion, although not as good in this "scanned" picture I posted.
Judging from the side of the building in the rendering, the building will have a glass cladding with attached 'panels' in light colour(s). Although it is hard to say at this point.

·
Illustrator
6,471 Posts
Nice info, Staff! It seems it will have a facade that reflects the surroundings.
I am sure it was planned to have 30 floors in the beginning so there are 7 floors less according to the new info. So may be it will not even be 80m tall, but I am glad if it will be built. It looks pretty good.

·
Illustrator
6,471 Posts
In the map with new hotels projected for Malmö there was a dot for a hotel with 300 rooms on the spot in Dockan where this hotel is supposed to be, so it's not cancelled. But nothing seems to be going on right now...

·
囧!
10,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking good. So that building behind the hotel in the right render is the Sigma building right? Looks like they're crammed up pretty close together (don't get me wrong-- I love the density). :)

·
囧!
10,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Btw, a mod could change the title as it looks like this one will be 70m:
AIX said:
I det nya Malmö som växer fram i det gamla hamnområdet utreder vi utformningen av ett 70 meter högt hotell med 400 rum. Hotellet ligger vid Dockplatsen och är tänkt att bli ett nytt landmärke för staden. Vår idé är att ge hotellet en identitet genom att spegla omgivningens olika skalor och avstånd. Hotellbyggnaden relaterar till Dockplatsen, hamnen, Malmö, havet och till Köpenhamn.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts