Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Beautiful!! Too bad I never made it to Izmir when I lived in Turkey. I was limited in time. Only two years. I saw the 'major' stuff-- Istanbul, Gaziantep, Cappadocia [Kapadokya], Antakya, Tarsus, Mersin, Antalya, etc.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
^^ Clean, Modern, Sleek!

·
TUWien/ Architekt
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beautiful!! Too bad I never made it to Izmir when I lived in Turkey. I was limited in time. Only two years. I saw the 'major' stuff-- Istanbul, Gaziantep, Cappadocia [Kapadokya], Antakya, Tarsus, Mersin, Antalya, etc.
woow ... Istanbul, Gaziantep, Cappadocia [Kapadokya], Antakya, Tarsus, Mersin, Antalya nice job realy ;)

but also u should visit İzmir Kayseri Bursa Konya Trabzon Bodrum Marmaris Çeşme etc ;) :)

·
Banned
997 Posts
What i know is that Izmir is one of the oldest cities in the world.The city was founded 3000 years before Jesus.And it is "THE PEARL OF THE AGAIS" :cheers:

·
99% Angel
689 Posts
Glad to see that a city like Izmir is being appreciated! But I also enjoy that Hellenic history and culture are being appreciated and enjoyed abroad in those ancient towns by loads of tourists!!!:D

·
muted
7,080 Posts
Keep the off-topic Turkey-Greek political "discussion" (if it can even be termed that) out of this thread. I deleted about 50 posts. This is a photo thread, not a place to discuss politics. Continue it and you're accounts will be suspended.

And, by the way, this thread doesn't belong here. Threads with pictures of cities belong in the Cityscapes and Skylines forum, where I'll be moving this.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Dude i only said that it has a Greek history not that it has anything to do with Greece nowadays.....i didn't try to be political..that city is Turkish and that's it...but as a Greek i feel something more about this city than other Turkish cities...that's all..

·
TUWien/ Architekt
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
greek always say >>nice city but greece is more beatiful or Turkish city but its history is GREEK etc ... they enjoy to say it ... but pls comment only about İZMİR not greek history or greece etc ... have a nice day if u visit izmir beliv me fall in love this city ;)

G

·
wow, what a surprise! It's incredibily clean, developed and modern city. Never imaginated as city like this in Turkey, thank u!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts