SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread to discuss spaces/lots that are completely devoid of buildings at present, why they are vacant and what could/should be built on them.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know who owns 7,8 and 9 Ruakiwi Rd and why this prime hilltop location has been vacant for so long? I remember there was a large old building called Ruakiwi House there, it was demolished about 2009 from memory. I was expecting to see something go up in its place, but it's never happened, last time I looked it was still just in grass. This would have to be a prime spot for apartments, close to town but just far enough out to be quiet, high on a hill with a great view and close to the lake. Does the land have stability issues prehaps, and that is holding back development?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noticed last week a "sold" sign on this lot, so might finally see something new built on it soon.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. Sorry to hear that. I thought it likely there would be a story behind why such a prime site has been vacant for so long.

·
Registered
895 Posts
A small redevelopment at the Dominion Rd roundabout will see auto technicians, Avalon Tuning and Performance Centre relocate from the old Caltex Avalon workshop which will be demolished to allow future growth for the busy servo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts