SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
hlubach bubach
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Varazdinske Toplice, Zagorje - Croatia

VARAZDINSKE TOPLICE, a small town, spa and health resort in the Bednja valley and on the slopes of Toplicka Gora and Kalnik Mountain in the region of Hrvatsko Zagorje, 12 km southeast of Varazdin and 69 km northeast of Zagreb; elevation 230 m; population 1,891. Chief occupations include farming, viticulture, metallurgy and tourism; a hospital for rheumatic diseases and rehabilitation is situated there

;)

Reactions: Zaz965

·
hlubach bubach
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stevan said:
Nice small town, it seems that they reconstructed those roads and pavement before few years ? :)
Yes, that is correct, but those nicely paved walkways were there for a long time, just that road was badly cracked and didnt look very neat when i saw it last time, it was finally redone like two - three years ago. :)
Anyway, this small town is totaly unknown in my country, most people think it is just a spa resort and there's nothing else around it...maybe they are right ;)

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ I'm so glad you posted those pictures of the streets, Bubach. I just love, and I can't stress enough, love curving roads, especially within a city. I'd say the people in Vratnik are sick of me. ;) I just think it's romantic and beautiful.

I love how most Croatian towns survived the communist years without much development, and consequently less hideous architecture. :D

·
OSIJEK NEPOKORENI GRAD!
3,159 Posts
Jao, Toplice! Tu sam bio za vrijeme rata, od 1991 do 1994. A onda sam 2000 tu proveo mjesec dana baš u toplicama nakon operacije koljena. Prelijep mali gradić, brda okolo smo znali ko vlastiti džep :)

Osnovna škola Ivana Kukuljevića Sakcinskog, za ono doba uber-moderna zgrada, sportska dvorana je doduše ako se dobro sjećam tonula, sva se naherila bila na jednu stranu. Baš me zanima kak je sada.

Prelijep kraj :)

1 - 20 of 124 Posts