SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
4,373 Posts
Thanks for posting this link Arz, but I think it would be much more productive if we posted the major individual projects here in separate threads so we can discuss them here, and have them posted in an organized way... and get more attention from the mods so they will give us a forum.

·
Melburnian
2,375 Posts
Hey yeah make a therd for each project each so there is more of a reason to have a LEBANON FOURM so many things going on ... in BCD
dose anyone rekon Beirut will ever be like HUGE rivals with dubai and MEA will revil like qater air or emerates i hope so

·
4,373 Posts
^^Give Lebanon time and it will prevail over those desert cities... Lebanon is more natural, has a rich culture/history, many REAL tourist attractions, a liberal lifestyle, #1 hospitality, etc... Also, they didnt have 15 years of war like we did, bust still, look at us now...soon their oil will run out and their weather is just awful, all the tourists will flock to Lebanon instead.

No offense to all the Gulfies! Its just my thoughts...but Beirut will indeed rise again and rival Dubai in tourism.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
6 Tower Complex in downtown Beirut.

Levant Holding ,a susidiary of Al Sayer Group, is going to construct a six tower complex in Al Shuhda Square (Martyr's Square), Solidere.

The six towers will be 160m, 140m, 120m, 90m, 40m and 30m high. Elevated bridges will connect the six towers to a shopping mall. There will be two commercial towers, two residential towers and a 5 star hotel. The advantage of the location of this project is that it gives views of both the mountains and the sea.

This project will be completed within 3 years.

I'm sorry but I haven't found any renders for this project.

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Melburnian
2,375 Posts
wow the the Phoenician village project sounds great i cant wait to c pics of the profect !! i can picuter Beirut in my mind now the best city in the world !!!!!

·
Brief State of Euphoria
4,010 Posts
Dubliner said:
Levant Holding ,a susidiary of Al Sayer Group, is going to construct a six tower complex in Al Shuhda Square (Martyr's Square), Solidere.

The six towers will be 160m, 140m, 120m, 90m, 40m and 30m high. Elevated bridges will connect the six towers to a shopping mall. There will be two commercial towers, two residential towers and a 5 star hotel. The advantage of the location of this project is that it gives views of both the mountains and the sea.

This project will be completed within 3 years.

I'm sorry but I haven't found any renders for this project.
the render :cheers:

·
4,373 Posts
^^ Thank you for this, but oh God I think its awful... It will not only block the view of the sea from Martyr's square but the buildings do not look modern at all...maybe this is just not a very appealing render but I am quite disappointed.

·
Raje' Yet'amar LIBNAN!
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beirut, I hope other renderings will look much better! For the project to cost $1.3 billion, it must be breathaking!

·
Registered
74 Posts
a special architectural contest was organized to pick a design for this project. So it has to be innovative and unique, I got an undetailed description from an architect friend who was involved in the selection, it seemed interesting, with the towers being linked through a series of stairs, bridged and outside spaces. It shouldn't be that bad afterall.

I was hoping the genius Lebanese architect Bernard Khouri would get a footprint in the solidere area (other than the couple of small projects he was commissioned there so far). Something like a supertall or a major project, There is still hope.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
I dont know if this is another one, but read this

Levant Holding launches huge real estate project in Lebanon

By Ben Garcia
KUWAIT: Levant Holding, part of Al-Sayer Group, announced on Tuesday evening the launch of its first real estate investment project in Solidere, Beirut. The announcement was made at Arraya Ballroom in Courtyard Marriott Hotel in the presence of local press, members of Kuwaiti business community and several foreign investors. Levant project is considered the biggest real estate projects in the history of Lebanon.
Nasser Mohammed Al-Sayer, Chairman of the Board of Al-Sayer Group, introduced the company, welcomed guests and thanked them for their presence. He noted that the company (Levant) was created to be a foundation for investors who are considering Mediterranean Sea region as their next investment destination. He invited local investors to take part in several investment projects offered by Levant Holding. Al-Sayer Group will be the core foundation of Real Estate projects through Al-Dhao Investment Company.
According to Al-Sayer, location wise, Lebanon has something to be proud of as it is geographically small, but stands at the centre of the world. "Lebanon is situated in the best geographical location, meeting point of three continents' people from Asia, Europe and Africa. Economically speaking it is the country of great hope," he said.
And why invest in real estate in Lebanon? In a presentation conducted by Mansour Barakat, representative of Audi Saradar Investment Bank, noted Lebanon's upward position in global growth. He mentioned several investments opportunities in real estate sector, which investors should take note. "Private sector is the backbone of Lebanese economy. We have a strong private sector, large growth reserve, appealing business environment, attractive investment framework, attractive market structure and equal investment rights among Lebanese and foreign investors," he said.
He also took pride of country's high literacy rate, near complete infrastructure networks, modern telecommunication systems, stable political climate and revised business and regulatory laws. The main features of Levant Holding's projects cover 205,000 square meter area in downtown Beirut. It is located a 10-minute drive from the airport and 500 meters from Nejmeh Square. The project will include commercial offices, residential complexes, shopping malls, hotels, cinemas and many more.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Investors pumping billions of dollars into marina development in Lebanon & the region

Soaring regional demand for boats over the last few years has spurred massive investment in waterfront development. Over the next five years, a whopping $20 billion will be invested in the sector. A stunning $1 billion has already been spent on marinas and seafront developments in Lebanon alone.

·
Melburnian
2,375 Posts
Soaring regional demand for boats over the last few years has spurred massive investment in waterfront development. Over the next five years, a whopping $20 billion will be invested in the sector. A stunning $1 billion has already been spent on marinas and seafront developments in Lebanon alone.
that is very impressive
Lebanon is getting a great waterfront
I read a year ago in the dailystar pre 1975 Beirut had the 7th best waterfront in the world !

·
4,373 Posts
Could it be true???

The infamous Holiday Inn tower in the BCD renovated!

It will be converted into the St. Charles City Centre

The project will include the rehabilitation of the large tower and its annex into a 5 star hotel (400+ rooms), furnished apartments, offices, shopping malls and cinemas. The estimated cost of the project is $100 million.

Owners : St Charles City Centre Company (Kuwaiti/Lebanese)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.