SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Maty
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tanzania is constructing new warehouses and Silos to upgrade its food storage capacity by 500,000 tonnes in 8 regions
Some are almost complete
Its worth sharing the progress of our country agriculture sector

IMG_20200516_101501.jpg

IMG_20200516_101537.jpg

IMG_20200516_101540.jpg

IMG_20200516_101503.jpg

·
Maty
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Hadi 2015, nchi ilikua na maghala ya kuhifadhi chakula 3,400 yenye uwezo wa kuhifadhi Tani 2,774,106 za mazao, tumefanya ukarabati na ujenzi wa miundombinu ya vihenge 57 na maghala 118 na kuongeza uwezo wa kuhifadhi hadi Tani 3,077,806" - Waziri Hasunga

#BajetiYaKilimo2020 https://t.co/pFV0mEvZ9Y

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is good..

Also, border towns need large silos and warehouses to store food specifically for export to our neighbors. I see Tanzania becoming the largest food exporter in East Africa soon.

·
Registered
This isn't my account please delete it
715 Posts
Not really an accomplishment with how much arable land we have. We need to focus on industrialization so our neighbors don't process the food and export it right back to us. As in the case of Kenya.

·
Maty
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really an accomplishment with how much arable land we have. We need to focus on industrialization so our neighbors don't process the food and export it right back to us. As in the case of Kenya.
It is being improved to..lots of processing industries are being built some underconstruction..i will post some soon nikipata pics

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great idea to post this. I was actually thinking of starting a new thread about food security and food production but you beat me to it. A recent example is how Tanzania had to buy sugar from Uganda due to flooding (quite ironic considering Ugandan sugar was banned from Tanzania up until recently). Magufuli was even concerned recently that COVID-19 would cause food shortages.
Food shortages can cause public disorder so this is an area that really needs improving.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's about time we have a proper agricultural development of it's owm. There is a lot of good news to be shared from there as well

·
Maty
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's about time we have a proper agricultural development of it's owm. There is a lot of good news to be shared from there as well
I think we need to re arrange and add some forums au zifukuliwe kama zipo

We need Tanzania Agriculture
..Nmeona kuna Tanzania Health na Tanzania infastructrue , na Manufacturing ipo pia

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think we need to have subforums like,
-railway
-roads
-agriculture
-health
-energy
-minerals
-tourism
-air transport
-water
-real estate
......,etc.....

So that is easier to monuver and find information you need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts