SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I love those crazy dutch
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems to be working properly for me now, I don't know. But they only just upgraded to it today, it hadn't been working properly for me most of the week, mainly posts appearing and disappearing and reappearing, but since it came back online today, so far so good.

·
Futurist
38,387 Posts
I love the new version of vBulletin... user profiles especially have improved. You can have friend lists and stuff now - in fact I just sent you an invitation Jon. :cheers:

·
I'm in your woods
8,067 Posts
All I know is the site keeps appearing and disappearing. When it's here, pages are taking forever to load, unread threads aren't being marked as read and I can't see who else is online. Plus, for some reason, it now says, "Mostrar Temas," at the bottom of pages. Leaving aside the fact that I don't have a clue what Mostrar Temas means, when you press it, it just takes you back to where you already are, thus serving no noticeable purpose whatsoever.

As for the stuff in that vBulletin link, half of it I can't understand and what I can understand just looks to be pointless gimmicks? :dunno:

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
You'd have thought they'd put the effort into actually making the site work properly before they undertook any software upgrades.

"Hmm... my hand appears to be on fire. I think I'll paint my nails."

·
Taikun
10,129 Posts
yikes everything's taking ages to load
me thinks everyone's rushing to gather as many friends as possible before the novelty value wears off and they're left with only 37 friends and can't look at themselves in the mirror

·
click click
8,958 Posts
i'm unable to see when other users are online.

suddenly i feel like a borg that's been separated from the collective. or a betazoid who's lost their empathic abilities. is this what it's like to be all alone? how can you people live like this?

hugh.
X

·
Sexy Astronaut
11,810 Posts
i'm unable to see when other users are online.

suddenly i feel like a borg that's been separated from the collective. or a betazoid who's lost their empathic abilities. is this what it's like to be all alone? how can you people live like this?

hugh.
X
:yes: it does feel weird, i feel like the only life in the universe when im on SSC now...

although i do like the rest of the upgrade, it feels rather sleek ::shifty:

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,450 Posts
So can it be switched back on?

Also is there a reason why some people can't be added as friends?

·
I love those crazy dutch
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree it's nice to know who else is around and reading topics in the forum but I prefer accessibility and reasonable page load times over whos online any day (if that's why it's been deactivated) and tbh, in the last 36 hours the site seems to have been responding better than it was the 7 days before the upgrade to me. This site has thousands of people online at any one time, browsing any one of hundreds of subforums across it, keeping track of and displaying where all those people are and what activity they are doing is rather intensive on the database, so from a POV of optimisation it's understandable imo to deactivate.

·
wiggledypiggleypuddinghed
13,066 Posts
I cant see who is viewing a thread anymore...

is that gonna remain permanent now?

It has reduced interaction, as you sometimes continue a discussion if you know the people you are interacting with are still on line viewing the thread. I feel blind :p

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Turn the who's on line back on a and ditch the pointless group rubbish, and dose tags actualy do any thing. The forums gone to pot again, not marking posts read, not loading, 500 errors, loosing posts. The one good thing was it said it was blocking a post as not allowed for 20 sec, which if it cures double posts (which i've only done once 1st off) as some people seem to be double postinf all the time.

And whats the redirect notice, thanks for posting and now (go mash a cup of tea) we will take you to your thread :nuts:

Getting well :bash: at the poor responsiveness, or complete failure of the forum over last week again.

·
actual gherkin
13,931 Posts
For **** sake. I was on 2998 posts and have now dropped to 2902. Not that post count matters... but I've lost nearly a 100 posts with no clear explanation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts