Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my dad and I want for a drive. It has become kind of a tradition, each year when spring comes. The goal for todays trip were the Triangle region, or rather part of it (Vejle, Fredericia and the bridges to be exact).

Here's a map with the route, we started out in Fredericia:

The triangle region, which consists of 8 municipalities, has a population of some 225.000. About 55.500 of those live in Vejle and some 48.500 in Fredericia. The largest city in the area is Kolding, which I made a photothread of some time ago (unfortunately gone now).

First we have Fredericia, most shots are just from the pedestrian area:

And here a few shots of the 2 bridges crossing Lillebælt, the old one first:

Finally in Vejle, again most shots from the pedestrian area. First we have the new highrise "Den Hvide Facet" near the harbour though:

·
always on
4,838 Posts
superb pics... and DAMN i must get my hands on that filter! The cities look awesome and huge for just 50 000 people! And the map, its amaizing how dense countries can be, and i know Denmark isnt dense compared to some countries, but still WOw!

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Fantastic photos mlm! No words can express how amazing these photos really are :applause:
I've been waiting for your photo threads for a long time! Keep em commin' :)

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanx all. :) For those who asked about the equipment, yes I used a polarisation filter on my Canon 10-22mm. A "Hoya 77mm Super HMC (Multicoated) Circular Polarizing Pro 1 Glass Filter" to be exact. On some of the images, the sky has also been boosted a bit in photoshop. It very much depends on the angle of the sun of the photo. With this extrem wide angle, it dosn't take much with a pol filter to make a huge difference.

So basicly, I've just tried to make them look alike.

@ch1le: It has to be said that in this triangle area, the cities are quite close, compared to the other provincial cities i Denmark. There are about 25 km between Vejle and Fredericia, and maybe 30 kms between those two cities and Kolding (max). And then we also have Horsens with some 50.000 30 kms north of Vejle.

Though we're not nearly as dense as for example The Netherlands here, we're stil quite dense compared to the rest of S&B. Here from Herning [59.511] (in the middle of nowhere, as somebody would say), I can reach these cities within about 1 hour in car (municipalities population in ()): Holstebro (41.479), Viborg (44.505), Silkeborg (55.906), Randers (62.524), Århus (295.513), Horsens (59.550), Vejle (56.117), Fredericia (49.252), Kolding (63.751), and Esbjerg (81.908).

·
***H***
4,513 Posts
mlm said:
Thank you, mlm, for great photos! :applause: As i can see, the weather was awesome :)
I have a question, is the swan on the wall the symbol of a town ?

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx. :)

No I don't think the swan is a symbol of Vejle. According to Vejle Kommuneatlas, there is (or used to be?) a pharmacy called "Svaneapotek" (the swan pharmacy) in that building.

·
Illustrator
6,769 Posts
Yes, and I have tried to copy and paste them in a new window, but I only get the message "sidan kan inte visas"... Maybe your webhost has reached the bandwidth limit(I just discovered that mine have) and can see them cause they are still in temporary internet files.

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Extremely beautiful pics Mikael! :) Love the old architecture of the cities, and like earlier mentioned, Denmark is dense! A city barely ends until another one starts, very rare here in Sweden :D Oh, and is this a small canal running through the city? Really cozy :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.