Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Veles is a hilly town in central Macedonia with about 50k citizens. It is very run down atm, but it has plenty of potential imo. Especially when it comes to its transportation wise important location.

Some panoramas:

The old town:

Some churches:

Some monuments:

Some commieblocks :p (although it has more impressive commieblocks, I wasn't able to find pics of them)

Veles people chilling probably by the nearby lake :)

Veles at dusk

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have at the moment BL, but I'll search these days. And perhaps some of the other members have.

·
Awesome User
3,290 Posts
It doesn't look rundown imo. It looks quite nice and neat. It seems, it needs some investments and renovation works, later i believe, it become hot spot like Ohrid.

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems, it needs some investments and renovation works, later i believe, it become hot spot like Ohrid.
Way too optimistic :D

It might become much nicer than it is today, but I don't think it has a "hot spot" potential.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I dont think we have that potential for true "hotspots" people simply prefer the sea and beaches and we aint got any :D We will definetely get more foreign tourists in the future but nothing like Greece, Bulgaria and eventualy Albania.... not to mention Turkey ;)

·
THE ONE AND ONLY
337 Posts
Its a shame that those historical houses by the river (right in front of the clock tower) have been left in ruins and abandoned. It would be awesome if they were renovated, I'm sure they would sell.

·
Awesome User
3,290 Posts
Yes, I am little bit optimistic but you are too pessimistic. True that "summer tourism" is a different thing. But "cultural tourism" plays very big role too. You have beautiful historical towns with great natural scenery and warm local culture. Many countries entered the third stage of tourism industry. They sell their culture. Tourists go and stay in little villages, they drink wine, eat local foods and enjoy folk dances/lifestyle of locals. You don't need sunny beaches for become hot tourists spot. Quality and Marketing are key rules imo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts