SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Velkomin til ÍSLANDS | Welcome to ICELAND

Welcome to Iceland, Europe's most sparsely populated country, a 103,000 km2 large island with 320 000 people and
almost 20 active volcanoes! Just to get you introduced, watch these three videos and have a good time! And for all
the Icelandic forumers out there, make some noise in here so we know who you guys are!

·
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No ferries, but a direct flight to Reykjavik to Trondheim airport, so i need to be airborne before the ash halt the traffic! :p

·
Registered
14,521 Posts
Hehe the mods have taken over the Iceland section. :)

There are still very cheap tickets from Stockholm to Reykjavik

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ice Ice Baby :cheer:

Hi there,
Iceland is a beautiful country! What a nature! I plan a tourist visit soon.
OT: I am curious, how much the food industry is developed on Iceland? :)
Greetings from Bosnia! :cheers:

·
мультиф&
3,875 Posts
Hello all,
I'm going to travel to Reykjavik next month (= I have tickets already), and want to see and photo/film the state of city urban development. Skyscrapers are nice, but I'm more interested in
- public transports
- walkable space, parks
- social infrastructure

If it's possible, I'd like to be a journalist for a couple of hours and interview someone who works on city development (city architect, transport managers, or the mayor if he has time-I've read his interview, he's a remarkable guy.)

I'm open to any help.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hello all,
I'm going to travel to Reykjavik next month (= I have tickets already), and want to see and photo/film the state of city urban development. Skyscrapers are nice, but I'm more interested in
- public transports
- walkable space, parks
- social infrastructure

If it's possible, I'd like to be a journalist for a couple of hours and interview someone who works on city development (city architect, transport managers, or the mayor if he has time-I've read his interview, he's a remarkable guy.)

I'm open to any help.
Hey RagazzoSiberiano! I think someone at city hall would be willing to answer some questions. I know a fair bit about the organization and politics of the city of Reykjavík (I don't work there though) and I would recommend that you try to get in contact with city councilor Páll Hjaltason who is the chairman of the environmental and planning committee and a member of Jón Gnarr's "Best Party" or Hjálmar Sveinsson who is also a member on the committee but from the social democrats. Gísli Marteinn Baldursson is also an interesting guy on the committee although he is from an opposition party and not as influential as the other ones. These guys live and breathe urban planning and could answer all your questions about the situation in Reykjavík. Their e-mails are listed on the pages I linked to.

The mayor is probably harder to get a hold of but you never know. The other guys might be able to get you an appointment. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
The "Inspired by Iceland" was by the official tourism chamber and received special public funding to counter the fears that the eruption of 2010 would scare tourists away.

·
мультиф&
3,875 Posts
Reykjavik is a really special place, and the center has human scale and is very enjoyable, despite being very modest. I think this rather adds more charm to it. If Icelanders use a paint, it's very bright. :) Looked at geysirs and waterfalls, and wish I had more time to go to highlands and hike, but I had to keep working. Already missing Iceland.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts