SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
OMG, the horror of it all...

Can't someone show the developers Cape Royale and indicate exactly how out of context this is. It's like someone thought Century City version 1 was a great architectural template that should be mimicked across the city. And anyhow, who squashes a mies daybed perpindicular to and in between a couch and a side table???

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
This is not THAT bad, come on guys
Cape Royale is beautiful- don't know why you hating

Not every building has to be wrapped in glass or have extreme height.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I dont mind Cape Royale in isolation (it is much better than this effort) but don't think it is appropriate for the location, maybe somewhere in Gardens or the CBD

·
Requiscat en pace
8,051 Posts
Very Upper East side-esque :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Very Upper East side of what city? Surely not NYC... Ain't nothin' that looks that kitsch there. Maybe you meant a Vietnamese or Thai city? Certainly a Chinese city copying with no idea how in the commie block sprawl.

One word: EEEK have the developers even been to France??

·
23,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So it seems this is going ahead. I've chatted to Solomon Brothers, who say that they will be commencing with a residential development on the site shortly, and are waiting for council approved plans before construction begins. They'll let me know more info once they've received approval.

I wonder if the scheme has changed? I really hope so :/ This is the thumbnail for the development on their site, which then links through to the brochure posted above. It's nothing amazing, but a whole lot better...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like that it's marketed as being in "the exclusive Green Point area of Cape Town" when it's actually in Three Anchor Bay. But then I guess most people don't even know Three Anchor Bay is a separate area.

·
23,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
According to the developer:

We are busy finalizing artist renderings etc and floor plans.

At this stage we are going to be renting the property – they are probably going to be fully furnished.

We are going to start with the advertising shortly.

The intended finish date is 12-14 months time.

I will keep you posted as we have had numerous enquiries.
Let's hope it turns out pretty and nothing like the render at the start of this thread! :lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Time for a new aerial pic. If they keep on using the tired old City of Cape Town one with the stadium inserted (and the old stadium still poking out behind it) posted above, then I'm going to throw up!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts