SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered non-User
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I got this pm from a design firm representative concerning the renderings of projects in our forum, mainly directed at Jakarta proposals. I think his concern is valid and we must take action since it involves legal rights. We should make sure that alll renderings, information and statistical data regarding proposals in all countries should be official and released after the project has been launched.

Here is the pm:

Dear david-80, Chad & Grey-x

My name is Friedrich Moeis, i'm emailing you inquiring about the person named 'wopde'. I'm representing Bentuk who is the design firm that works for projects such as Pacific Place and Sudirman Plaza.

We have no connection or whatsoever with 'wopde' and whoever he/she is, wopde is doing scam and imposting as our close friend and doing damage for us.

all the renderings that wopde posted are obtained by breaching into our server and for some reason he/she managed to upload it into our server as well.

i've sent wopde a private message requesting for he/she to remove all the posts that are already being made.

i think this is a great forum and if you love your architecture, you would do more constructive & positive comments instead of posting renderings of projects that is still unknown or being planned. Of course it's great to see the latest and greatest in the building industry, whos doing what and the renderings.

sadly, there are just some people who really love to take advantage of the freedom of speech on the internet and we are the biggest victim of it all because someone is not happy if they find their property lying on the internet, and there are thousands on the forum itself.

as for us, we'll do our best to explain this to our client because they found out that their projects are all over the internet.

you can either ban or delete wopde or just censor all his postings, because most of them are not true at all. if you have the renderings, please delete it and don't repost it. I also encourage you to rename the topic to :pacific Place, without Jakarta and Official Website & Picture because it's going to damage the whole project and threatens it.

I think this is a new thing for both of us and hopefully we can learn the lesson. We have removed all important datas from our server and upped the security.

All the best for this forum and just to warn you, if you have someone else's picture, chances are, it's copyrighted, and this is a very sensitive issue. especially due to the nature of the project, some are kept very secret until it's launched. Last but not least, I have a very great respect for architecture, therefore we are awarded with many developments projects, and I hope you understand my position. Patience is a virtue, just wait until the projects are done and I'm sure it looks better in real world rather than in 3D

Regards,

Friedrich Moeis
[email protected]

·
28,623 Posts
That's kind of confusing. Is this Woepde some kind of rival?

I think if the person complaining is genuine [send an email and await a reply] then we should honour his request. Or it could mean trouble for the forum.

People should only post what is public knowledge or available in public websites. It is a serious crime to post company information [private] on a general board.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
I have decided to email that person and ask clarification. If wopde is indeed a scammer or imposter, I will lock the pacific place thread.

FYI, bentuk.com is the official designer for pacific place, so i will rename the thread into something else.

Btw, Ryan, can you get in touch with wopde, while i am discussing this with bentuk.com?

cheers

·
Registered non-User
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, David and David:D Jan can view our summit right?

wow...if legal issues get intense, this forum could be doomed. I will post a thread in Yin about this as it is very important.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Ryan, did you tell Jan yet? I havent got any response yet from bentuk, maybe because today is weekend here in Jakarta.

cheers

·
Registered non-User
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only posted it on the YIN forum. But Jan hasnt replied to it, actually not many ppl did. :D

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Oh what the hell then, Actually i spoke with other designer firm like doni pasaribu and the australian firm who designed ritz carlton, they said ok with it. So i think the problem is only with bentuk.com. I can understand that though since the project is still unknown and will be jakarta's next big surprise.

cheers

·
Registered non-User
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok...cool:eek:kay: I guess its not as big as a problem as we thought it was:D bentuk was just an exception.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts