Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Scousish
6,847 Posts
I think some renders were posted for this site a while ago, but they looked very different to this one... I'll have a look in the development thread

·
Registered
13,981 Posts
Yeah, its the same tinlings project sen before, but without the windmills as a result of a planning chop. Looks good thought, albeit less interesting than the original planning application.

·
I caught a falling star
2,325 Posts
Yeah, its the same tinlings project sen before, but without the windmills as a result of a planning chop. Looks good thought, albeit less interesting than the original planning application.
I though that neon-pink thing with the windmills was approved???
It was great.

This water-down, on the other hand, probably isn't.

·
Liverpool, England.
12,699 Posts
Looking at that website, it seems that the 'bird murderers' are still going to be there but concealed on the main elevations by the curved cladding.

This is a reconstruction of the existing building rather than a demolition and replacement. This type of development is a lot greener as it avoids the carbon emissions from demolishing an existing building and then reconstructing it.

There is a development in Manchester, just opposite the main library, that is a similar reconstruction of a 1950s building with additional floors and cantilever extensions of the floor plates. Although it has its advantages, there are a lot of engineering and architectural issues to be resolved such as columns not being in the same place as shown on the original drawings etc. However, I can see more and more buildings being reconstructed in this way.

·
Registered
13,981 Posts
I just read in the "Move Commercial" magazine that this building forms part of a wider Aura project, which takes develop the two buildings further up Croshall street into 68 apartments, a spa, a deli and a restaurant.

Not sure if peeps have heard about this but it was a pleasant surprise to me.

On site by September.

:)

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
B4mmy, why is this thread in the " construction section" when it has not yet started ? St pauls Sq. should be here but is not. Please clarify.

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
Give the man a chance eh! There's a lot of threads to go through and a lot of developments to keep track of..
twiz I agree with you, and "the man" does have a lot of re-directing to do :nuts: , but its very clear that this item does not belong here. I apologise to B4mmy for my eagerness. The St.Pauls thread is marked ......moved, but were has it been moved too?

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
I still don`t see it.......

Woody, the St Paul's thread is here, in the Liverpool Construction Projects folder, just look further down the page.
cheers richie1878, but I still cann`t see it, the last entry in construction is Museum of Liverpool, strange very strange

1 - 12 of 12 Posts