Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved to Victoria, BC and was surprised by how outstanding its downtown was. Did not expect it to have so many heritage buildings. Anyways, here are some of pictures that I took with my camera and my phone:

British Columbia Parliament

Victoria City Hall

Empress Hotel

Photos of the rest of the downtown core:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are some more pictures I took in Downtown Victoria on August 28, 2012. The downtown core is fairly small (or regular sized for a medium population city) but very accessible. In addition, there seems to be an incredible amount of alleyways and alleyway stores, art galleries and restaurants. Reminds me of Melbourne in that respect:

IMG_3492 by Naj S., on Flickr

IMG_3493 by Naj S., on Flickr

IMG_3496 by Naj S., on Flickr

IMG_3497 by Naj S., on Flickr

IMG_3498 by Naj S., on Flickr

The Oldest Chinatown in Canada (probably the second oldest in North America after San Francisco)

IMG_3501 by Naj S., on Flickr

IMG_3503 by Naj S., on Flickr

IMG_3504 by Naj S., on Flickr

IMG_3505 by Naj S., on Flickr

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice shots of BC's second city.
BTW, is there any "eat al you can" restaurant that you know of?
Hmmm ... I don't see any reason as to why there wouldn't be any. I haven't been looking out for a place like that but I can't remember seeing one off the top of my head though. All I know is that eating out is bloody expensive here lol. I bought fish and chips at a mom and pop joint last week and it cost me $17 :nuts:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hmmm ... I don't see any reason as to why there wouldn't be any. I haven't been looking out for a place like that but I can't remember seeing one off the top of my head though. All I know is that eating out is bloody expensive here lol. I bought fish and chips at a mom and pop joint last week and it cost me $17 :nuts:
I was there a couple of years ago and I find the food a little more expensive than in Van. I'm planning to have a day trip and like capricorn, I like to eat to an 'eat all you can' resto. I wish Victoria has one like that of Richmond's king's buffet for only 12.95 for lunch which include shrimps,mussels, sushi and other chinese cuisine.

·
Skyscraper Overlord
379 Posts
Hi Koolio, I live in Victoria as well. I've been away for six months though and am looking forward to going back tomorrow. :)

is there any "eat al you can" restaurant that you know of?
The only all-you-can-eat place that I know of in Vic is a Chinese place out in Saanich across from Uptown. Crystal Jade - https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&l...r:h,7625594985614258799,48.458185,-123.375408

I bought fish and chips at a mom and pop joint last week and it cost me $17 :nuts:
Fish and Chips are never cheep, especially for Halibut.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts