Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
pustiniak-no translation
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vidin (Bulgarian: Видин) is a town on the southern bank of the Danube in northwestern Bulgaria. It is close to the borders with Serbia and Romania, and is also the administrative centre of Vidin Province.Vidin boasts two well-preserved mediaeval fortresses, Baba Vida and Kaleto, as well as many old Orthodox churches such as St Pantaleimon, St Petka (both 17th century), and St Greatmartyr Demetrius (19th century), a Jewish synagogue (1894), a mosque and a library of Osman Pazvantoğlu, the late 18th century Turkish ruler of northwestern Bulgaria, the cruciform barracks of 1798, and a number of old Renaissance buildings.
Vidin was a capital of the Vidin's Bulgarian kingdom.
I've founded these pic's on the net.Only the last 3 pics are mine.

·
pustiniak-no translation
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes,they have renovated it by the project "Beautiful Bulgaria" and now it looks cool not only outside-the rooms are renovated too and there are still some things to finish.Our director says this is the smallest maths high school in Bulgaria,but I'm not sure if that's true.:)
BTW,that's a Baba Vida's pic,modified by Photoshop.I like it.

·
pustiniak-no translation
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some nightly pics I took just 2 hours ago.Unfortunately,The Baba Vida fortress wasn't illuminated,so were the other big church,the mosque,Капията (a gate),The drama theatre and The mausoleum of Exarch Antim I.The synagogue is ruing down-there are plans for repairing it,but for now just plans.And it's the second biggest in Balkans :eek:hno:

That's the building of The ecclesiastical.

That's "Капията"-а gate.

So called "Gallery".

And some photos from the cathedral.

·
pustiniak-no translation
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No,it's the city-hall placed in the center of Vidin.Rovno is in the beginning.You can see the city-hall from the top of Rovno from the very first pic of the thread.The only photo I found is

View from the top of Rovno

Also here is the synagogue.As you can see it's in very very bad condition

More photos

·
pustiniak-no translation
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A new social center will be built next to the church „Успение Богородично” (translation?)

Първа копка на Просветно-социалния център към храма „Успение Богородично”
09 юли 2007
На 12 юли 2007 година ще бъде направена първата копка на Просветно-социалния център към храма „Успение Богородично”, съобщи кметът на Видин д-р Иван Ценов. Центърът ще бъде разположен на 233 кв.м. разгърната площ, в участъка между храма и жп линията. Обектът ще бъде изграден с дарителски средства, като един от основните спомоществователи е Ротари клуб Видин. Ротарианците са поели ангажимент за цялостното вътрешно обзавеждане на постройката, в която ще има трапезария и неделно училище; кухненски бокс с разливна; лекарски кабинет; склад; сервизно помещение за обслужване на персонала; канцелария и помещение за дарения; приемна на свещеника; охрана и външна тоалетна.
Проектът е изработен от арх. Олег Николов, който е проектирал и храма „Успение Богородично”. Проектните книжа на просветно-социалния център вече са минали на Експертен съвет и в момента тече процедура по съгласуване.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Vidin looks tidy and you got your own beach. the street scene looks good except the city hall. that has got to go.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes,the center and the park are tidy,but other is like every bg town...The city hall looks horrible and the beach is not clean too.But if you go to the island which is opposite the camping site you can have a good time :)
Which island exactly? The one opposite the port is a Romanian island.

·
pustiniak-no translation
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The one just opposite camping site (Къмпинга).There are a lot of motor boats,джетове(?) and of course many people.They can take you over with a boat for 1 lev to the island and then back if you don't want to swim across-there is nothing to swim,coz the Danube is really low,but the water is not clean between the camping site and the island,so many people prefer the boat than swimming.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The one just opposite camping site (Къмпинга).There are a lot of motor boats,джетове(?) and of course many people.They can take you over with a boat for 1 lev to the island and then back if you don't want to swim across-there is nothing to swim,coz the Danube is really low,but the water is not clean between the camping site and the island,so many people prefer the boat than swimming.
Това в района на ферибота ли е? Нагоре от Баба Вида по реката?

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's my school-maths high school named "Exarch Antim I".It was used as a hospital and girl's school.The building was donated by Exarch Antim I himself.

This is where my cousins graduated. It was painted in green in the 70s and 80s. During the flood 70 years ago the water reached the windows of this school.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts