SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my newest picture project.
Lots of people know the sights in Vienna's Inner City yet don't know that there are actually 23 districts in my city.
I am going to portray each and every one of the districts in this series to make you familiar with the Real World Vienna.
DÖBLING - 19th District

Döbling - another wealthy and extraordinarily green district. This time I had to cheat a little and take pictures from various strolls, as the weather was not as good as needed, if you like to really see how beautiful the area can be.

Area: 24.90 km²
Pop.: 67,800

Let's start in the south of the district:

Definitely the densest part of Döbling:

Waiting for the bus to take me to the west:

Like most of Vienna's outer districts, today's Döbling used to consist of several villages. One of those is Salmannsdorf. The rural atmosphere cannot be denied:

Very hilly surroundings and steep and narrow streets:

The former village of neustift am Walde, famous for its wine growing area:

Through the green towards Sievering:

Sievering:

Sometimes I was under the impression of being lost:

Church on Stefan-Esders-Platz:

A view across the cemetary of Grinzing towards the east and the 20th district, way down in the Danube valley:

Grinzing, famous vinery town:

Moving east, which means downhill and towards civilization:

Many rich people round here:

The tracks of the suburban trains (S45 line):

The beautiful Japanese gardens:

The view across Hohe-Warte-Stadion towards Donaucity cluster:

The stadium itself, home to Vienna FC (name in German, as well), Austria's oldest football club:

70s/80s commieblock:

Heiligenstädter Straße:

The mother of all commieblocks, the Karl-Marx-Hof:

Now, this time I had to cheat a little and include pictures of hiking tours from last autumn to make you appreciate the light and view from the hills and woods in the north of Döbling:

Bear in mind that we're still well within the city limits!

Kahlenberg:

Excellent wine growing inside a city of 1.6 million inhabitants. Not so common.

Looking towards the northeast and the plains:

The city keeps growing:

Wine festival last October:

Towards the city center:

The view from Leopoldsberg, which some claim is the easternmost summit of the Alps. ;)

...and again:

...and yet again:

The new platform on Kahlenberg:

We're done again! Please comment! :banana:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fantastisch! Dir gebührt ein Preis oder zumindest das Goldene Ehrenzeichen der Stadt Wien.

Diese ganze Sammlung von Bezirk II. bis XIX. ist großartig gelungen!

·
Registered
15,825 Posts
Von welchem Eck Döblings sind die ersten paar Bilder? Ich hätte geglaubt ich würden Bezirk mittlerweile kennen, muss mich aber getäuscht haben.

Ist das die Barawitzkagasse? (ev. nicht ganz korrekt geschrieben). Wenn ich mich nicht täusche und sie das ist, kommt die ja auf dem Foto direkt lieblich daher. Naja, wird ja derzeit auch ganz schön was erneuert und saniert an dieser Mörder-Durchzugsstraße.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Absolutely impressive! Did not know Vienna had such incredibly beautiful and typical suburban areas. Amazing those hills, the wine and the views over Donau river :)

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
This part of Vienna looks more Eastern European with its poorer, drabber, faded appearance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
more or less, it looks like one of the few good places to live in! I heard Vienna has one of the largest green areas of Europe per capita!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Thank you so much Bahnsteig4! :eek:kay:

Von welchem Eck Döblings sind die ersten paar Bilder?
Krottenbachstrasse, Obkirchergasse in Oberdöbling

Ist das die Barawitzkagasse? (ev. nicht ganz korrekt geschrieben). Wenn ich mich nicht täusche und sie das ist, kommt die ja auf dem Foto direkt lieblich daher. Naja, wird ja derzeit auch ganz schön was erneuert und saniert an dieser Mörder-Durchzugsstraße.
Für die EM haben sie wieder alles schön zuasphaltiert, um es danach gleich wieder aufzureissen. :crazy:

·
Registered
15,825 Posts
^^
Mein Gott, dass ich da nicht selbst draufkommen hab können.

Bei der Barawitzkagasse hab ich übrigens nicht nur die Straßenarbeiten gemeint, die derzeit pausiert sind, es wird auch an einigen Gebäuden gebaut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts